Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2018 9:00 pm  #1

Makin' My Way Downtown

"So I think Neil said one a' the spice shops was this way," said Leo, as the group made their way into Sigil East. He kept his head on a swivel, knowing that being new in town could make things dicey.  Still, he was excited to get to know the place.  It was a heck of a lot different than the frontier.

2/21/2018 9:13 pm  #2

Re: Makin' My Way Downtown

"Pretty sure he did. Or was it the next street over?"
Lorenzo follows after, having gotten his pack and javelins as well, looking around with a strange gleam and zeal in his eyes.  Exploration of new places always got his blood warm, after all.

2/21/2018 9:18 pm  #3

"We could use a map with an 'X' on it where the Spice shops be located," Rae mused.

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

2/21/2018 9:19 pm  #4

"Heh.  I'll make one after."

Last edited by Eshkigal (2/21/2018 9:19 pm)

2/21/2018 9:22 pm  #5

Fortunately, the shops are relatively near each other, one on Hickman Drive, and the other around the corner on Weis Blvd. Chi-Chi follows along behind the group, staring in all directions. This seems to be the first time she's been out in the city. Or any city, likely.

2/21/2018 9:38 pm  #6

Unit crosses his arms.  "This seems like a lot of effort and expense just to meet a survival requirement."

2/21/2018 9:39 pm  #7

Jennifer couldn't help but marvel at the place alongside her roommate. She had been to big cities like Dis before on occasion. But for the most part they could usually be quickly summed up after about an hour at looking at tall and menacing grids of hot black iron. It wasn't exactly a tourist destination. Menzoberanzean, from what they had seen of it was also quite familiar, less fire and more drow, but still a big dark chasm.

By comparison Sigil East, despite being rather quaint and ordinary compared to the rest of the planar metropolis, was like a fairy tale, and not just because of the occasional fey. Every which way there was something for the Tiefling to stare at in amazement. Though the thing that definitely consumed much of her attention was the sky. She had seen it at Sigil Prep, the vast emptiness punctuated with the coil of the other half of the Torus stretching across, but this was the first time she had truly gotten a good look at it.

"It just keeps going!" she marveled. "It's like we're just floating in an infinite void!" she turned to the rest of the group with a amazed smile on her face. "It's incredible. This is nothing like Hell!" excitedly she began to skip further down the street to see what other wonders she could behold.

2/21/2018 9:43 pm  #8

Lorenzo shoots a grin back at Unit as he turns.
"Got any appreciation of art?  Because good food is an art form as well, mate."
He grins wider at how Jenn and Chi-Chi react to it all, though, even if he was in a similar boat.  He was rather certain he'd enjoy it here.  Though he gestures to Unit on his next sentence as well, addressing Jenn.
"Dunno where this Hell place is, ain't heard of that where the two of us are from at least, but you like this, then you might like Sharn too from what I heard.  Towers so tall they scrape the sky, roads up and down the entire way, a maze and a city unlike any other back home."

Last edited by Eshkigal (2/21/2018 9:49 pm)

2/21/2018 9:53 pm  #9

"Plum different from Newthrone too," says Leo, "so much stuff there's built to survive an attack, while everythin' here... well, who the heck could ever attack this place anyway?"

What Jen said had him wondering, though, and he picked up his pace to catch up with her.

"Hey, what's Hell like anyway?"

Last edited by Akodo Rokku (2/24/2018 9:45 pm)

2/21/2018 9:55 pm  #10

"Aye, Unit," Rae says, "Lorenzo be right.  This be about elevatin' the basics to somethin' more.  An' it not be just about th' eatin'.  There be a chance fer carousin' and talkin' t' our crewmates."

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

Board footera