Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2018 5:25 pm  #1

Top Gun Flight School

The day after the crab cookout

Rae returns to her room after a morning shower (sort of amazing that one had the luxury of bathing every single day, her feathers had never been such a bright green!).  She changes into her clothes, and leaps out her window to take flight.  She had met a couple fliers in passing already, but she was amazed at the variety of species.  Wings on back, on arms, just wings, mammals reptiles... others.  Groundkickers using gimmicks and gadgets.  There were plenty of sirens in Ixalan in the fleet, but the fleet was usually spread out.  Only when docked at High and Dry had she seen so many fliers... and then it was just sirens. 

This was nothing compared to the unusual sight of the city wrapping around a phantom center point, so that the other side of Sigil itself was directly above her.  She had been warned that one could not shortcut across that space to reach the other side... but that much open space was certainly tempting.

That's not to say the skies were so full that one had to dodge incoming students and teachers... just that most of the time when she was flying there as most one or two other crewmates with her.

So many people to meet! It made her smile, and anyone who came even remotely close heard a happy "Ahoy!".  

Rae was flying to Red Campus to meet with one of her upcoming instructors.  She noticed someone else in the skies with her, flying fairly close to her path. When she got close enough, she shouted out, "Ahoy! It be a beautiful day t' be flyin, aye?"

Last edited by TonyTempest (3/15/2018 11:29 am)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

3/11/2018 7:52 pm  #2

Re: Top Gun Flight School

"A hoy? Where?" The honey-haired girl with the feathered wings spun around, then looked at Rae seriously. "What's a hoy?" She looked at Rae seriously, then smiled. "You're a pirate!" She "stands" erect in midair, saluting, and she's suddenly dressed in knee-high boots, a waistcoat over a puffy shirt, and a layered skirt. "Aye, aye, cap'n, reporting for duty!"

3/11/2018 9:24 pm  #3

Rae swoops and turns, lacking the ability to hover, but keeping pretty tight turns to stay in the vicinity with some kind of ease.  Clearly not as easily as the honey-haired girl.  "Ho! Welcome aboard, matey!" Rae laughs, flying upward and playfully returning the salute... even if salutes weren't very pirate-y.    "I be likin' the ease ye be changing yer long clothes t' a proper seafarin' outfit!  Me name be Rae.  An ye are..?"

3/11/2018 9:34 pm  #4

"I am Tinya, scourge of the Nine Hells and... wait... would 'scourge of the Nine Hells' be a scourge from the Nine Hells, or a Scourge that attacks... I'm that first one. Matey. And one of them hoys."

3/11/2018 10:04 pm  #5

Rae continues to swoop as she talks, trying to stay in front of Tinya and not circle her. She was enjoying herself immensely.  "Blimey! Ye be from Hell, too? Do ye know Jennifer? Her father be a big deal there, I hear."  She tilts her head. "Oy. Ye said, 'nine hells'?  There be nine o' them? So, ye might not be from the right one, aye?"

3/11/2018 10:27 pm  #6

"Oh, yeah, there's... Avernus, and Dis, and Minauros, and, um, Stygia, Comet, and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen. Oh, and Doc! I was raised in Malbolge. Oh! Malbolge is one of them. So... strike Donder from that list, put Malbolge in."

3/11/2018 10:29 pm  #7

"Aye," Rae nods.  She scratches her head, then says, "By any chance would ye be knowin' a pet store owner name o' Max?"

3/11/2018 10:33 pm  #8

"Oh, yeah," she says, with a look of mock outrage on her face. "He's a slaad. Pure chaos, those guys. I can't even. How could a being exist in a state of pure chaos and, oh hey! Have you ever had gyros? I know a place that has amaaaazing gyros. We should go!" She starts flying toward town.

3/11/2018 10:46 pm  #9

"Oy! Lead th' way!" Rae says flapping her wings to keep up.  She looks back toward the red campus and then calls out, "Belay that!  I have to parlay with Professor Jasmine about me class!  Have ye taken 'er class yet?"

3/12/2018 2:29 pm  #10

"That's a good idea, too," Tinya says. "I've met Professor Jasmine, but I haven't taken classes with her. I tried last semester, but she's all 'Um, I don't teach Conversational Aquan. You need to talk to a language teacher.' Which, um, boring, am I right? Anybody can take Conversational Aquan from a language teacher."

Board footera