Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2018 2:22 pm  #1

A (pizza) slice of life

Rae shuffles Marty down the stairs, her wing a broom keeping g Marty in front of her before she embarasses herself any further.  Five flights of stairs, not saying anything, lest the walls have ears.

Finally, through the lobby and out into the courtyard, Rae says, "what be wrong? It be clear, ye like the boy, so weigh anchor, haul wind and crack Jenny's tea cup already. Savvy?"

Last edited by TonyTempest (3/28/2018 2:23 pm)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

3/28/2018 2:28 pm  #2

Re: A (pizza) slice of life

"What?"  She asked, genuinely confused over at least part of that sentence.  "What be.. I mean Who's Jenny, and what does tea have to do with anything?"

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

3/28/2018 2:36 pm  #3

Rae looks at her then nods. "Aye, I be firgettin' ye ain't a pirate." She takes a deep breath and thinks, "it be obvious ye favor th' boy. He be damn cute...fer a human...what with no plumage and all... But ye be damn cute as well.  These be yer college years. Live em!  Savvy? I mean, does that make sense?"

Last edited by TonyTempest (3/28/2018 2:41 pm)

3/28/2018 2:42 pm  #4

"I'm... cute?"  She asked, amazed and slightly put off by the thought.  She had studied herself in the mirror since... what happened, and had decided that she was presentable, but not outstanding as a girl.  Maybe more than passable.  She wasn't sure if she'd have looked twice at a girl like her before... what happened.  But maybe he would have, it was hard to be objective.  She did have great legs though, and kinda a nice rack.  So... some boys were sure to like that.  Fortunately, none had so far.

"You think Leo's cute?"  She asked.  "I mean, yea I noticed, but... I'm not sure how... or if... I mean...  It really doesn't matter anyway, since he likes practically every other girl I see him with more than me."

3/28/2018 2:52 pm  #5

Rae grins.  "There ye go. Driftin' with every cross breeze rather than stayin' yer course.  Yes ye be cute...again, notin' thedisadvantage of not havin' any plumage...."

She thinks a moment sobering her normal approach. "Marty. We only be knowin' each other fer a couple days, but I can already tell ye, ye'r me bucko...ye are me best friend here.  I want t' help ye, but ye aren't the sort fer brazen buccaneer ways. Where do ye go inside that head o' yers whene'er Leo be around? What can I do to help ye? "

3/28/2018 3:07 pm  #6

"Hey y'all, wait up!" Leo came tromping down the stairs, guitar strapped across his back.

"Sorry, had to grab my axe just in case. So, pizza an' mysteries, yeah?"

3/28/2018 3:09 pm  #7

"Oh."  Best friend.  She never had one of those.  Her brothers, the ones that were decent guys, were adults when she was a child, and the boys closest to her age were just plain mean to her growing up.  And none of the hired help had kids close to her age.  And then she went off on her Shearing and things suddenly got more complicated.

"I like you too Rae."  She felt bad now, not telling the Siren her story.  But now she had a plan, or at least a goal that might lead to a plan to change her back, and it wasn't right to drag other people into prophesy.  She hugged the pirate.  "You're my best friend."  She had to think about this.  "And your plumage is gorgeous!  I bet it was the envy of all the other pirates back where you come from." 

She was working herself up to telling her secret...after all Mialee knew now, so she was sure it was bound to get out eventually.  Only before she could Leo showed up.

"Mysteries!"  She giggled, sure he meant the double meaning, and almost might be flirting with her, maybe.  "And pizza!  Away!"  She unsheathed her rapier and struck a dramatic pose, pointing the blade up and vaguely toward Sigil East.

After a moment she deflated, and asked.  "Uh... anyone know here Odo's is?"  She asked rather sheepishly as she re-sheathed the blade. .

3/28/2018 3:13 pm  #8

When Leo shows up, Rae forces a smile and waves exuberantly.  "Ahoy! Leo ye be joining us for...what's it called again?...pizza?"

When Marty asks where Odo's is, she thought.  "I know where Maztica Bell be...would Odo's be near there? That be where food be, I suppose."

Last edited by TonyTempest (3/28/2018 3:15 pm)

3/28/2018 3:21 pm  #9

"I can lead the way," says Leo, ​"pizza's a staple in the Thraneish neighborhood back home. S'good stuff, so I had ta find the best place for it near campus, an' that's Odo's."

Last edited by Akodo Rokku (3/28/2018 3:53 pm)

3/28/2018 3:28 pm  #10

"Lead on, ye scallywag!"  She wasn't sure she was using the word right, but it sounded good off the tongue,  she hooked an arm into one of Leo's and the other arm into Rae's and let Leo lead the trio in search of pizza.

And mystery.

Board footera