Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2018 9:18 pm  #1

Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

Rae steps through the portal and finds herself on the Rock of Bral. Well, if the guy at the Student Union knew what he was talking about she did.  She looked around, the horizon was freakishly close... all around her there were stars, stars that formed unfamiliar constellations.... maybe.  Maybe there were constellations she really couldn't tell.
  The city was crowded, but not that much more than Sigil East.  She received a few snooty looks and she thought someone called her a "dirtkicker" but that made no sense. She checked, and her feathers were as bright as ever, so why would anyone think she kicked dirt?  
   "Probably because ye be gawkin' like a tourist," she muttered to herself.  She started walking, determined to find the nearest tavern... She might be able to sweet talk some info from a local there, without looking too much like a lubber.  

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

5/02/2018 10:10 pm  #2

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

The first thing Rae runs into that seems like a tavern is a place called the Laughing Beholder, with a carved sign above the door with an image that somewhat resembles Neil, but without a hat. Inside the place, more crowded than even the busy streets would suggest, there is an actualization of the carving, a massive floating head bobbing behind the bar, chatting amiably with those sitting at the bar.

5/02/2018 10:33 pm  #3

"Ahoy," Rae greets the floating head full of eyes.  "I be havin' a rum, thank ye." She says, not wanting to waste her last gold piece...but feeling it's the best way to ingratiate herself to the tavern owner.

"I be knowing a fine buccaneer like yerself, name o' Neil, back in Sigil." She smiles. It's a long shot, but really, how many of these glorified fishing bobbers could there be?

Last edited by TonyTempest (5/02/2018 10:33 pm)

5/03/2018 4:52 pm  #4

"Yeah," Luigi says, "there's beholders all over the spheres. 'Course, you sayin' you 'know' him, rather than 'was eaten by', that's an interesting thing there. You could count all the cordial eye tyrants I've heard of on one head o' stalks."

5/03/2018 5:15 pm  #5

Rae slams back the rum.  "Aye, he be th' RA on me floor.". She looks around the bar.  "I be lookin' fer a new crew. Ye know any scuttlebutt about a cap'n takin' in experienced seamen? I not be to particular about what sort i' crew they benor what cargo they haul."

5/03/2018 6:04 pm  #6

"Always someone about lookin' for crew. YOu could feel around, or head for the docks and check out the ship 'emselves. But I'll keep an eye or so open for ya."

5/03/2018 6:29 pm  #7

"Thank ye," she says taking her change and leaving a copper for a tip.  She steps out of the tavern, then launches herself into the air, flapping to get a sky-eye view of the city.  She sees the docks, and flies down to the the pier, her heart soaring as she sees nothing but open space as far as she can see below the ships and over the edge of the Rock.  It's more frightening than she really though it would be, but so exciting as well.  Still... she flies at a lower altitude than she might normally fly... who knew if the winds could blow her out into open space, never to be seen again?
    She lands in the bustling dock area, laborers taking cargo off the many ships and storing the crates in warehouses (lifted by winches), or in the caves (carried by hand or wheeled conveyances) lining the pier.  Passengers, some clearly more wealthy than others, carrying their luggage (or directing their servants who carry their luggage) toward the steps leading up into the city. There was nary a dinosaur to be seen to carry weight of cargo or luggage (or...what was it that was more common on other worlds?... Oh, horses.. there were none of them either.)  
    She looks around the docks, looking for ships where crew might be congregating around tables or barrels at the end gangplanks.  Especially if there were a line of lubbers waiting at those tables.  That was a sure sign of crew that was hiring.

5/03/2018 7:38 pm  #8

Near one dock, there is a small cluster of obvious pirates, playing a card game atop a large barrel. Elsewhere, a group that seems to consist mostly of burly humans both loading cargo onto a ship that looks oddly like a large wood carving of a bird of prey. And beyond that, something that looks not unlike a massive galleon, where several people are standing in line to be addressed by one of those hippo-people like Flintlocke.

5/03/2018 7:41 pm  #9

While the card game is enticing, and she has met a pheldagriff-person before, the ship shaped like a bird immediately draws her in.  She walks up to the ship, and calls out, "Ahoy, the ship!  Be ye takin' on crew?  I be a trained navigator an' a bonnie lookout."

5/03/2018 10:41 pm  #10

"Aye," one of the sailors says, a broad-shouldered man with heavy stubble. "Always lookin' for hands. We got a navigator, but if you can lift a barrel, we can use a back."

Board footera