Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2019 2:03 pm  #1

Flasque of the Red Death

Rae Quetzali flew over the bustling city full of lights and music, upbeat, lively, and seemingly random, rushed out of several saloons on the big river's broad shoulders.  Spotting a building that said "Cayenna's Place" in lights, fashioned in a way the mimicked the large boats on the river (two steam stacks, a big red faux paddlewheel).  Something about a restaurant shaped like a boat appealed to her.
    She landed on the roof, slung the pack containing the "skis" she had brought off her back and onto the roof.  Then she shrugged out of the heavy ski vest she wore, less than useless in the heat of this city. This was not the environment she thought Jennifer was describing, but since that "Host" had dragged her into his game, portals didn't seem to work properly for her.  So where was she and how could she get to hell where her friends had set out on a ski trip.
     The smells from the restaurant below wafted trhough the air, and the catchy brass instrument's tune was just as inviting. She floated down to street level and walked through the door.  The exclusively human clientelle looked her over as she entered, and she tried to find a seat as surreptitiously as circumstances allowed.  The musicians were caught up in their improvisation, and never wavered, as people turned back to the stage. 
    Except one man.  He wore a long coat and a battered top hat decorated in skulls and feathers and smiled as he approached. "Welcome to N'awlins.  You look to be new around here."
    Rae nodded.  "Aye, I'm not even sure how I be gettin' here."
    "Most people get here by the Mississippi. But you... You be wanting to get to Hell,". He grinned impressively as he leaned on his cane.
    "Well, that be where me friends are skiin'...," Rae began.  Then she looked up at the thin man.  "Waiiiit....."

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

4/12/2019 12:23 am  #2

Re: Flasque of the Red Death

"Takes a brave soul to march boldly into hell, mon cher." He helps himself to a seat. "A brave soul, or a foolish one if one goes unprepared."
He slides a menu in front of Rae. "Or underfed." The prices are in something called $.

4/12/2019 10:26 am  #3

"I not be knowing how brave ye need t'be t' go skiing," Rae says.  "I assume a bit o' bravery based on how Jennifer be describin' it.". She looks over the menu.  "Oh, ye have gator here.  I used t' love gator...but me shipmate be a gator now, so I shouldn't.  I'll be havin' some o' this seafood jambalaya, thank you " she slides the menu back to the somewhat overly forward waiter. She thought he was a waiter anyway, since he was interested in her ordering food.  "And a sweet tea."

4/13/2019 6:53 pm  #4

Funny that Rae mentions gator, seeing as her friend had the same issues she had given the previous adventure.  There's a familiar thud on the ground from the kitchen, and a familiar rumble as Lorenzo speaks up.
"Ah, sorry, some weird issues lately-hey, is that gator?  I love gator steaks-"

4/13/2019 10:32 pm  #5

"A very good choice, mon cher," the strange man says, and is about to say something further when screams come from the kitchen, and cooks, line cooks, and busboys come fleeing out in panic.

4/14/2019 7:13 am  #6

"What, never seen a gator man before?"
Lorenzo comes lumbering out shortly after, taking a moment to sample, then brush off some of the cumin powder on his hat before looking around and giving a short wave.
"G'day, no need for alarm folks, just passing through.  Feeling better, Rae?"

4/14/2019 1:50 pm  #7

"arr, this be me friend I be mentionin'," Rae says.  "Did ye not go skiing with th' others?"

4/14/2019 3:21 pm  #8

"Damndest thing, I got to the portal and tried going through, and instead of wherever Hell is, I ended up here.  Beginning to think someone's taking the piss and messed with us since this's the second time I've apparently been portaled over to you."

4/14/2019 7:20 pm  #9

"Arrrr," Rae mutters.  "I haven't been able to properly use a portal since th' Host press ganged me f'r his game.  I be not sure how ye be connected t' that, but ye have been portalled t' whatever place I be sent too... twice now.  I be very sorry.  All we wanted t' do was go to Hell and do a little skiin'"

She gestures to the menu, "I just ordered some jambalaya, if ye want to join me f'r a meal.  Not sure it'll be spicy enough f'r ye'r palette...."

*cue an offended cajun wanting to prove they can serve spicier food than anyone/anywhere... :-)

4/15/2019 8:59 pm  #10

As Lorenzo comes out of the kitchen, the guests and waitstaff immediately scream and follow the kitchen staff out into the street. All but the thin man, who says, "I'm sure the jambalaya will satisfy. I'll be right back with your drinks."

Board footera