Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 8:19 pm  #21

Re: Chapter 1: The Boat, The Boat, The Boat Is On Fire...

Iain scrambles to his feet, brandishing Titan Carver in front of him with his shield raised.

"What the fuuuuuuuck?"

3/08/2018 8:53 pm  #22

Voltus grips the side of the ship and stares.  Hearing the warrior's exclamation, he can't help but agree with the sentiment.

But things were pretty dicey here without some sort of weird sentient elemental delaying them.  "Look, I'm sorry.  But we were on fire!  How about we get out of here before Cannith security shows, and discuss this later?"

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

3/08/2018 8:56 pm  #23

Kirnan quickly backs away as fire seems to take on a life of it's own, but when it takes a human shape he realizes this must be the elemental itself.  But as far as he knew, they didn't, or couldn't, leave the binding ring that powered airships.  So...how?

3/08/2018 9:04 pm  #24

There comes a rumbling, ponderous voice from behind them.
"Then perhaps killing all the crew with your driving and crashing us was not the best course of action."
That said, looking back at the source, it seems to have come from half a warforged forcibly rammed straight through the wall, idly tapping on the wood, but his eyes are focused solely on the elemental.
"This would explain the phrasing of the letter, though."

Last edited by Eshkigal (3/08/2018 9:05 pm)

3/08/2018 9:52 pm  #25

The fiery rage of the elemental simmers down to a low boil instead as she turns towards Voltus and angrily explains:

"The guards are the least of your problems, if you haven't bothered to look around. There are things down in the depths of Shaarat that would give seasoned heroes pause, let alone a few knuckleheads like yourselves!"

The elemental then flows downwards towards the floor, reassembling herself in what appears to be a sitting posture, arms surrounding her legs, looking down. She sounds somewhat glum as she continues:

"Besides, you broke the vessel. Something's... off and I can't lift it up again."

3/08/2018 10:00 pm  #26

"Ya think?"  Voltus asked the snarky warforged.  "How about you drive next time?"  He asked.

The ship was broken, well that tore thing.  Voltus puts a hand on the rail and considers jumping ship.  Only to face the horror and devastation of the Cogs.  Maybe he should at least look at the damage.

"I'm no mechanic."  He said glumly.  "But we could try to fix the ship."  He begins to inspect the hull and the ring.

3/08/2018 10:00 pm  #27

Iain cautiously approached the flaming woman, still brandishing his weapon.

"What... are you? Elementals don't talk."

3/09/2018 2:05 am  #28

"I just might if that's how you always go about it."
As Triage tries to lever himself out of his hole, he looks to Iain curiously, then gives a grunt. 
"Funny, you there was a time it was said warforged don't live, yet that was challenged and refuted in my lifetime.  Who are any of us to say an elemental cannot talk?  I would assume she's the one who sent for each of us given the language of the letter and her demeanor-far too calm for one faced with strangers, besides the anger at being doused.  Otherwise, why would she be expecting us and not someone else?"

Last edited by Eshkigal (3/09/2018 2:08 am)

3/09/2018 7:54 pm  #29

Iain rolls his eyes at the warforged.

"Don't know what you're talking about, clanky," he says, "I was brought in to do a job, and people I really don't want to disappoint are expecting me to deliver. People that tend to express their disappointment with knives."

3/09/2018 8:40 pm  #30

"This was supposed to be a simple pickup and delivery, but there was a problem with the paperwork."  Voltus wasn't going to trust his name to this crew, at least not yet.  Introductions were for social occasions.

Board footera