Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2018 2:02 pm  #1

Legends of the Forbidden Gameshow

Three days after the Crab Bake
In the time since the Gumbo Incident, Lorenzo had been bouncing around town and a few portals out, heading off to locales around Eberron, the Mappe Shoppe, and several academics on and off campus, before he finally knocked on the doors of each person's room to gather the party.  Once together, he cleared his throat lightly before rumbling along.
"So, what I found is a map for a location back home that served as a sort of entertainment for the last civilization there.  See, for the giants, scrying was more expensive than slaves were, so they set up these giant boxes with stages in them that could be swapped out in a hurry and a large magnifying lens on the front so they could see things better.  Roughly translated, these box theaters were called 'rube tubes', as they could slide new cast, or rubes as they were called, in on tubelike slides.  That said, the reason it is of interest is because they used magic items later for a bit more dramatic flare and special effects.  With me so far?"

Last edited by Eshkigal (3/11/2018 2:14 pm)

3/11/2018 2:40 pm  #2

Re: Legends of the Forbidden Gameshow

Jennifer nodded, giggling.

“So instead of scrycast, they just used giant boxes full of regular sized actors? That’s kind of neat in a silly kind of way.”

3/11/2018 3:00 pm  #3

Gear overhears and her eyes widen. "Scrap the launch pad! I'm building a rube tube!" And her room is immediately filled with the sounds of hammering and sawing.

3/11/2018 3:12 pm  #4

"Better than building an oversized hamster ball for me. Don't think I didn't hear you guys plotting!" t'Nee mentions shyly, while looking at the map Lorenzo procured. 

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

3/11/2018 3:15 pm  #5

Sarah nods as she listens to Lorenzo and says, "Alright, I'm with you so far. What makes this dangerous?" She has her thundercannon slung over her shoulder on a leather strap. 

Sarah McAllister: Human Artificier (Gunsmith) 2

3/11/2018 3:25 pm  #6

"Well, for starters the jungle between the nearest city and the ruins, any critters or undead in there, the standard surprise, and that it's pretty much a modular dungeon with lots of potential combinations.  Did say slaves were cheap, after all."

3/11/2018 5:24 pm  #7

"So we are looking for the magic items they used?" Shiori asks, not bouncing up and down in excitement. Definitely not. That would be unbecoming of a ninja.

3/11/2018 7:50 pm  #8

Lorenzo nods.
"That's the idea, admittedly.  Basically, while they're meant as props, these items are the sort that should be functional.  Things to improve performance or make scenes more dramatic."
The map seems to be of a continent, with script in giant. Though then Lorenzo lays down a transparent sheet, which seems to have notations and a path traced from a village called Zantashk to the northwest.
"That said, the Traveler's Curse is the big issue.  Basically, giants used a super weapon way back that left the land heavily cursed and caused it's fair share of mutant critters.  One of the most prominent curses is that navigating with artificial means is damn near impossible.  That said, sometimes you end up right where you need to be, and this is basically my back yard."

3/11/2018 7:59 pm  #9

Jennifer hesitantly raised her hand, waiting for the go-ahead from Lorenzo before asking “Wait, so if this curse thingie makes navigation impossible, how does a map help? I don’t want to make assumptions but I don’t want to be stranded in a monster jungle. After all, classes start in just a few days and if we miss them we’ll be behind for the whole rest of the semester.”

3/11/2018 8:16 pm  #10

Lorenzo shrugs.
"Well, this one's an elven slave map from before things went topsy turvy, so it gives a better view of where things would be at the time.  So with this, I know which direction actually has stuff of interest."

Board footera