Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2018 3:00 pm  #1

Master Level Divination & Discernment

A girl wearing a red hoodie and roller skates wheels up to one of many doors into the Mordenkainen Hall of Wizardly Arts early one morning during Beginning's Festival.  It wasn't the first door she tried, but it was the first that was unlocked.  It seemed the wizards didn't find it necessary to be on campus yet when classes didn't start until next week.

The interior of the massive building was maze-like and seemed even larger than the outside.  Marty skated down marble-floored hallways until she found someone to ask about professors.  "Hey."  She braked by skidding the toe of her boot along the pristine floor.  "I was looking for someone that knows about prophesies and curses and magical traps and stuff like that."  The person was in a gray jumpsuit - probably part of the janitorial staff and not promising as a source of the information she wanted.

Last edited by ronni.jean (3/12/2018 3:15 pm)

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

3/12/2018 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Master Level Divination & Discernment

"Mmm." The half-ogre in the jumpsuit nodded. "Yeah, I think I sawed somebody. This way." He leads Marty a total of two doors down and opens the door to one of the labs. "Hey. Youse is smart, ain'cha?"

Mialee looks up from some experimenting. "Yeah, I... Oh, hey! You were at the club before. What can I, y'know, do for you and stuff?"

3/12/2018 4:09 pm  #3

Oh great.  So the slut was supposed to be smart.  Like she would ever in a million years explain her problem to this person.  "Yeah.  Hi.  I was looking for someone familiar with Prophesy and Lore of Mystara.  But all the doors seem to be locked and none of the Master level people are around.  But if I wait until classes start they will all be busy with their students and classes,  Anyway, do you know anyone with serious divination chops?"

Last edited by ronni.jean (3/12/2018 4:15 pm)

3/12/2018 5:33 pm  #4

"Well, I guess Professor Bargle knows about Mystaran lore and all that, but I'm not, exactly, sure he's somebody that's willing to help. Anyone. Ever." She thinks. "I mean, I know a bunch about divination. Is it something you think I can help with?"

3/13/2018 2:02 am  #5

"Bargle the Infamous, from the Black Eagle Barony?"  Marty shivered.  The Barony was on the far side of Karameikos, but the rumors about it were horrible.  "I uh... yeah, I'd rather not deal with him if I can avoid it."  Of course, he as exactly the type that would mess with Prophesy and curse people he thought were a threat.  If he didn't simply murder them.  From what little she had learned from local mages and clerics in Threshold and Specularum, divination could detect no enchantments, alternations, or curses on her person.  Which was preposterous of course.

"Well, since you seem to be the only Mage in the building at the moment..."  She was already regretting this and she hadn't even finished the sentence.  "... and since you know a bunch of stuff and all..."  Now she was just delaying.   "Could you maybe find out how I was cursed, and reverse it or something?"  She asked.  "I mean the mages back home couldn't even detect the curse."

Then she got a wonderful, wonderful idea.  "Or maybe you could suss out a real mage that could really help me. Or, you know, introduce me to one."

3/13/2018 10:46 am  #6

Mialee taps her chin, makes a passive wave with her hand. "Yeah, that seems to be a pretty impervious curse. If you've already had some high level mages study it, you might need somebody in the Chosen of Mystra stratus, fer sure. I mean, I could try a couple rituals and whatever, but it might be easier to get a prof to look at it." She glances at Marty appraisingly. "So, like, what's the nature of the curse, and maybe I can suggest the professor with the most experience in that oeuvre an' junk?"

3/13/2018 11:18 am  #7

Marty paused.  She was going to have to trust someone, at some time, if she was ever going to get back to himself.  But was she ready to trust this slut now?  She had no idea what Mialee was like, or what her goals were, or really anything about her other than she liked Leo.  Which showed good taste of course, but still.

"Well, my dad was the seventh son of a seventh son, and I was kinda like the third in a row, and that was supposed to mean something major I guess.  I didn't even know about most of it until after I... changed."

Well, so much for being discrete.  She wondered just what Mialee's charisma was, or if she maybe had a blabbermouth spell or something.

3/13/2018 11:24 am  #8

"Wait, you were the seventh son of a... Oh! Oh, okay. This sounds kind of like a balance thing, so... maybe we should talk to Mordenkainen. I can message him if you want."

3/13/2018 11:35 am  #9

"Mordenkainen, Like the guy they named this hall after?  Or are you talking a relation?  It must be a relative  His son or something right?"  Marty asked, shocked at this level of notoriety.  As to the other part.  "I don't know anything about balance or whatever. So if you say so, then I guess?"

3/13/2018 12:01 pm  #10

"No, same guy," Mialee confirms. "He founded the school. Plus, y'know, faithful hound, magnificent mansion. All that stuff" She casts a quick spell, then says, "He should be on his way."
There's a huge puff of smoke, and a man with an intensely groomed mustache and goatee, and an utterly hairless noggin, appears, robes flapping behind him in a breeze that isn't there.
"Mordenkainen is here!" he announces. "You may bask."

Board footera