Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2018 2:04 pm  #21

Re: Master Level Divination & Discernment

"What?"  Marty looked to the mighty mage Mordenkainen.  "Why?  What can one girl... er... guy.... What can one person do to disrupt the whole of reality?  And if Mystara is such a, what did you say, little backwater place, then why is it so important to the rest of reality?"

Her voice and manner took on something of suspicion.  "Or did you mean all of Mystaran reality rather than all of all reality?  Kinda imprecise with the declarations of doom, if you ask me."

Last edited by ronni.jean (3/14/2018 2:05 pm)

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

3/14/2018 4:52 pm  #22

"I appreciate your concern, but very few people who aren't Mordenkainen really grasp the significance of balance. And your world is... it's sort of a cornerstone world. If it falls out of balance, well, then, it could spread to Toril and Oerth and Eberron... even Thunder Ridge. Even Thunder Ridge, son. Do you understand?"

3/14/2018 5:00 pm  #23

"I can balance a rapier on a fingertip."  She demonstrated.

"Doesn't really explain why the world would fall apart if it fell though."  She let it fall, catching it by the hilt as it passed her hip.  "And I'm not sure how the gender of one person makes such a difference."

She did pause at that.  What if it did though?  Wouldn't that make her like, super important?  Now that was a scary thought.

"Anyway, thanks for the help Mialee, and I'm sorry for the things I thought about you before."

3/14/2018 5:28 pm  #24

"No, you're welcome, I... wait, what?"

"Well, it's not," Mordenkainen says, "that your gender makes a difference. It's your status, you understand. Seventh son of a seventh son is a significant cosmic property to possess. And as a first daughter of a seventh son, well... all that dreadful responsibility, gone."

3/14/2018 6:04 pm  #25

"I shouldn't have mentioned it."  Marty decided, much too late.  "It was just that Leo..,  you know, forget I said anything."

She wasn't sure how to respond to the master mage.  "It wasn't that big a deal."  She finally decided on an answer.  "I mean, being seventh mostly meant that I had six older brothers, half of which were kinda bullies. and the other half so much older that they barely noticed me."

3/14/2018 7:00 pm  #26

"Well, think nothing of it," Mordenkainen said, as if Marty's last few words were praise. "I can always be counted on to do the right thing, even if I'm the only one who knows what that thing is."

3/14/2018 7:12 pm  #27

"Thank you again."  She again addressed Mialee.  "You don't know where I could learn more about all these creatures, do you?"

3/14/2018 7:35 pm  #28

"The library," Mialee offers. "They're all planar archetypes. There's a few around campus, too. A demon on the cheer squad."

3/14/2018 7:44 pm  #29

"Which one is the demon?"  She asked.  "You know, never mind.  I'm sure I'll figure it out at the library."  And she went off in search of the nearest library, which lead her to another library on the White Campus, where eventually she she would learn all she needed to know about alignment-themed outsiders.  Thought possibly she didn't learn it all without interruption.

3/14/2018 8:15 pm  #30

Several people sit at the table with Marty, until finally a young man in simple clothes pulls up a chair and sits beside her. Everyone else at the table gets up and leaves, tables squeaking across the floor. They might have pulled off making it look casual, if they all didn't do it at once.

Board footera