Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2018 11:55 pm  #1

Quest for wild space

The next day, t'Nee sits on the edge of his fountain and surveys his stairwell. He was eating something called a cinnamon muffin from the school cafeteria. He found it delicious, but still had a nagging feeling in the back of his mind, as if he'd p̶l̶a̶g̶i̶a̶r̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ been living his whole life in nature and was now surrounded by the inescapable confines of civilization. He ate the last bite. Then reached up and retrieved his new spear from the statue of Wastri's arms and straps it to his back. Pulling out his campus welcome packet and campus maps, he spent some time taking measure of the landmarks other than the main quad and Azer dorm. He felt a bit..."off" about the black campus. Sigil wasn't helping either. He knew the ring wasn't infinite, but no real sky, no real swamp, no real weather. He'd noted a "horizon" decently enough, especially from tall buildings, but even that seemed "off."

"I can't take this stupid stairwell any more. I'll be leaving now.", but he knew he wouldn't. His eyes land on the Green Campus map. "Hey, what do you know? There's a grove and a residential pond." Clutching the map, he hops happily down the stairs and out the door. "Today's going to be a big day", he concludes, to no one in particular. 

Last edited by Sol (4/26/2018 11:56 pm)

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

4/27/2018 11:19 am  #2

Re: Quest for wild space

A piece of bread bounces off t'Nee's head from somewhere, and a seagull swoops down and snatches it from midair, then feels a bit woozy and plops on the ground. "Squawk!" it squawks.

4/27/2018 2:21 pm  #3

"Croak!" t'Nee croaks in surprise, looking first up and then down at the poor gull. 

"I..huh. I strangely have no desire to eat you, despite bread bouncing being one of our most effective swamp bird hunting techniques." He tells the bird. "How do I..." he looks around for something he can use, and spots a pile of dry leaves. He scoops up a bunch of leaves, carries them over, and then re-scoops up the leaves with the bird on top, trying his best to not botch the job and poison it all over again. 

"Any chance you can squawk me in the direction of the druids?" he asks the bird.

Miles, FFH

4/27/2018 6:36 pm  #4

The gull flops a bit, says, "Squawk" again, then takes to the air. It doesn't seem like he's heading for druids.

4/27/2018 10:19 pm  #5

Leo enters stage right.

"Howdy t'Nee, didja say yer lookin' for the druids? I been spendin' free time paintin' over at the Green Campus, I can show ya the way."

4/27/2018 11:16 pm  #6

”Oh hi there Leo!” t’Nee ribbits happily, not at all noticing that Leo is rather handsome for a non-amphibious humanoid.

”I mean, half the reason for druids was to take a look at how badly I’d poisoned that bird, but it flew off, so it must be okay. Still, I’ve been feeling a bit homesick, and the map says green campus has a pond, and, well, it would be nice to swim someplace other than my racist fountain, and maybe the druids can fix what’s wrong with me.”

Miles, FFH

4/27/2018 11:44 pm  #7

"Well lets go then," Leo starts to strollin', leading the way.

"What's wrong with ya tho?"

4/28/2018 12:00 am  #8

t'Nee blushes and looks down. 

"I guess I've always known, but back home nearly everyone is, and here everyone seems to judge me for it." t'Nee meanders around the point. 

"Would you....still be my friend no matter what it is, Leo?" t'Nee asks, his eyes watering a bit. 

Miles, FFH

4/28/2018 12:45 am  #9

"Of course, buddy.  Whatever you think is wrong, you're tryin' ta fix it, an' that's the important part."

4/28/2018 1:18 am  #10

t'Nee looks up at Leo with his very best puss in boots eyes. It looks approximately like: 

"I'm shrinking," he says. 

Miles, FFH

Board footera