Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2018 11:19 am  #21

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

Rae nods appreciatively.  "Spices, aye. Ye get it."

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

5/06/2018 12:41 pm  #22

Captain Macaw nods. "I'd at least stay with the ship to next port of call, mind. Besides the Shou Lung colony, not much on Chislev but predatory monsters."
"Aye, I never understood how a planet's ecosystem can consist entirely of top level predators."
"Mysteries of wildspace, Sands. Mysteries of wildspace."

5/06/2018 12:51 pm  #23

"Be they...dinosaurs?"

5/06/2018 2:02 pm  #24

"Possibly? Nobody's bothered to really chart the rest o' that rock outside the port city. Not healthy for the average cargo crew or travel writer."

5/06/2018 2:18 pm  #25

"Aye," Rae says easily, though she's still admiring the feathers on the captain.  "As far as me serving on yer crew, I be intent to stay until Krynn.  By then me returning t' school or staying aboard may be a moot point, savvy?"

5/06/2018 8:14 pm  #26

"Then welcome aboard, Rae. May the winds be ever in your favor."

5/06/2018 8:58 pm  #27

"Thank ye," Rae smiles.  "What be me duties on this voyage?"

5/06/2018 9:16 pm  #28

"If you're as good a lookout as you say, you'll be spelling Sully when he needs a rest," Sands says. "In the meantime, pitchin' in where you're needed."

5/07/2018 11:12 am  #29

Rae assists with the loading, greeting each new crew member (whether they were new or veteran, they were all new to her) and learning their names.  She found herself swabbing decks alot, but that's what rookies do, she convinced herself. When she needed to serve as lookout, she would fly up to the Crow's nest and watch the skies. All of them. In every direction...it was amazing.  Then Cap'n Macaw told her she could fly outside the ship's perameters.  At Spelljamming speeds she shouldn't leave the air bubble, or she'd be lost, but other than that... It was especially fun when the captain loosened up a bit and flew with her so she'd have a better idea of how far the ship's bubble extended. What a thrill to fly through the gravity plane!  From then on, whenever she served as lookout, she flew around the ship so she'd have a good view in all directions.  It was scary, it was exciting... No ground, no horizon, just empty open space, with only the ship as haven. It was kind of perfect.

Some of the sailors called her the greenest veteran, because she had a lot of knowledge about sailing ships...but then didn't know the simplest things about Spelljamming ships.  Others who had even more experience called her a dirtkicker.  She wasn't the first experienced sailor who only sailed on seas on a planet they had served with.  "Greenest veteran" made her giggle. "Dirtkicker" made her bristle, cause she could tell it was the space sailor version of landlubber, and she hated that it was true. But she put her back into every task she was asked, never complained, and tried to win their approval. And tried to befriend everyone who would let her.

5/07/2018 4:14 pm  #30

After a couple of days, the distant stars seem not so distant and the field of black that was the space around her seemed more solid in some directions.
"We're approaching the shell," Sands told her. "At six bells, we'll need to get the ship's mage out here open a portal." The ship's mage (as opposed to the helmsman, although they sometimes switched positions for a few hours when Helmsman Dodds needed to refresh) was Hyacinth Spix, also an aaracokra, who had already demonstrated a lack of fondness for Rae.

Board footera