Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2018 8:31 pm  #51

Re: Adventure 1: The Tournament of Torpala

John sees the men aiming to grasp their swords.
"Wait! What if we, you know, wait until the tournament actual starts? That way if...uh...you kill us --"
John turns to Kirnan and gives him a quick Please play along just for now look.
"--then you'll be one step closer to winning those prizes. You know, instead of just having our nasty blood on your shirts."
John looks at the men expectantly and gulps, awaiting their response.

5/05/2018 9:31 pm  #52

Kirnan looks from John to the locals and back.  "Oh, yeah.  Better to wait and kill us then."

5/06/2018 12:39 am  #53

"Sorry boys, I'm happy with my choice." She opens her purse and fishes out ten gold pieces and hands them to Surri.

"And sir, I don't appreciate slurs being thrown around, even if the wordplay surrounding them is impressive."

Last edited by Akodo Rokku (5/06/2018 11:19 am)

5/06/2018 9:29 am  #54

Elana nods and says, "I saw her too, no problem. You sure you're good to keep an eye on things here Rossier?"

Sarah McAllister: Human Artificier (Gunsmith) 2

5/06/2018 3:04 pm  #55

Miles stops mid-stride and seems to notice Elanna for the first time.

“You saw her too? Good. Glad to have you accompany me then. How long have you been stationed here?”

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

5/07/2018 3:13 pm  #56

Elanna nods and says, "I'm not, actually. I'm part of the Bannor delegation."

5/07/2018 4:52 pm  #57

"Fair enough. Are you just here on guard duty, or do you plan on entering the tournament as well? After all, if that sword on your back were merely for show, you'd have little need for the axes at your side." 

One might ordinarily interpret these words as judgmental, coming as they did from an Unblemished of Elohim, a pacifist clergy within a pacifist order -- but something about Miles' eyes looked...almost jealous, as if he was weary of his role cleaning up after an unending conflict. 

Basium was right, he thought to himself, as he often did. The true path to the preservation of Life is to End the battle, not merely to stop fighting it. Arawn understood, and had created Basium and Gyra to understand, as savvy medics did -- a true champion of Life must be willing to usher the tainted unto Death. It's not Succellus' fault. He's a perfectly nice deity, but he does not understand. Flowers and Elk may all be worth saving, but Men and Demons, they made their own choices, and must be held accountable. 

A moment of hesitation crossed his face, before he appeared to reach a decision. He unfolded one side of his robes, exposing for the first time a mace strapped to his belt. He pulled it out, in as un-threatening a manner as one can pull out a mace, and held it carefully in his hands, as if it might bite him at any moment. 

Looking closer, the mace is well-built, but old and worn. The head is rusted and the leather-wrapped handle is torn in several places. 

"I pulled this out of a man's skull this morning. Dead of over-zealous tournament training, apparently, and yet the prior owner of this mace is still allowed to compete. I have...complicated feelings about this. Would you consider teaching me a bit of how to defend myself later?" 

He speaks an incantation, and the mace briefly glows white. When the light fades, there is no trace of rust on the mace, and the leather wrapping the handle looks pristine and new.  He hands it to Elanna, seeking approval. "I can't say I know much about weapons, but this is how it wanted to be made whole again."

Miles, FFH

5/07/2018 5:56 pm  #58

Elanna frowns as she hears the news, muttering to herself, "I can't imagine he got off scot-free..." She then looks at Miles, eventually saying, "No. At this point in your life, learning to fight will only get you killed." 

5/07/2018 10:09 pm  #59

Ionbound wrote:

Elanna frowns as she hears the news, muttering to herself, "I can't imagine he got off scot-free..." She then looks at Miles, eventually saying, "No. At this point in your life, learning to fight will only get you killed." 

“The counterpoint of course would be that if I don’t learn, and I’m not the one who starts the fight, I’ll be even more helpless,” he sighs. “But I see your point as well. I just...” he pauses to consider his phrasing carefully. “I long for the day when Succellus’ hopes for Life come true, but I fear that day may never come unless we make it for ourselves. And while cleaning up the mess left behind after each battle is an important task, I can’t help but feel there’s more I could be doing.”

He sees that they have by now entered the marketplace.

”But I digress. Let us look for this Sister of Sirona.” He looks around the market, but at first glance sees no one by the description he was given.

Miles, FFH

5/07/2018 10:35 pm  #60

Chief Aelle scoffed as he took another swig from his horn, "If you want to reason with Doviello, be my guest. Me? I say they discarded that veneer of civilization long ago, skinned themselves of it and traded it for a beast's pelt when the snow started falling. Some may be trying to put it back on again now that it's melted, but it doesn't fit them. They chose their real pelt." he drained the rest of the horn, tossed it aside, and went with his blood brothers towards the amphitheater to take their seats. 

Duke Ceremus, perhaps sensing the tension that his absence had left, closed the difference with Syndari. "I wouldn't worry much about him, my lady. The northern raids aren't nothing, but there's less of them every year. The beastmen may fight to survive, but they can hardly live it, they're losing ground to the Amurites, fighting like an animal does you little good when your foe can fight like a force of nature after all." he chuckled to himself. "You ask you me, Aelle just gets a little testy where the Bannor get involved. He was raised up on stories of how he would be highest of lords over all the Northern woodlands, and then his father gives that honor to the Bannor instead. His lordship doesn't remember what it was really like in the age of Ice, not like you or I, Orcs came to raid us from the South, Doviello come to raid us from the North, the White Hand takes their tribute on pain of blizzard and the rest of us killed each other for the scraps that were left. But in my lifetime alone two of those foes have already be eliminated completely or turned into friends and the rest are on their way out. Last time you were here I don't think either of us ever thought a hound and a boar could sit side by side peacefully, but that's what this festival is all about. Speaking of which..." Ceremus gestured to his family and they and the rest of his retinue began to make their own way to the amphitheater "...I do hope you will do me the honor of joining us this afternoon?"

__

Valk and Polk looked at John, not terribly impressed with his reasoning, but seeing that the two apparently weren't willing to make the first move, the two settled for spitting at them and grumbling as the amphitheater apparently was beginning to be preparing for the start of the tournament proper.

__

Surri looked smug that she had been stuck with and gave a rude gesture back towards Brastus and Joyeaux, who were left glaring and grumbling as she began to make her way towards the amphitheater, testing the quality of the gold she had been given as she walked. "Right, well, now that that's settled with, nothing to do but wait our turn for the fights."

__

Rossier gave an affirmative nod as Elanna and Miles began their search through the market. It wasn't a huge place to search, just some of the local villagers, along with some modest merchants from further afield, many of which Elanna when she had first entered the camp, but there were still enough distractions to get them turned around more times than they'd like to admit, until they eventually were able to find a cart near the edge of the market, near a couple of small trees that had managed to survive as some sparse greenery for the camp. There was a woman sitting by it, wearing the robes of the Elohim order, grinding a few herbs with a pestle and mortar. She looked up as they caught sight of her, looking somewhat surprised to see another member of the order. Miles unfortunately could also recognize at a glance that it was not the woman that the order was looking for, this one was younger, probably about his age, with short black hair under her robe's hood. She composed herself and greeted the two. "Brother, mercy and wisdom of the Goddess be upon you. I did not expect to see another member of the order here this day. Where do you hail from?"

Board footera