Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2018 9:09 pm  #91

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

(hopefully they are well out of ear shot of any mimics).  "Just a name I be makin' up to offer as a sacrifice to the Treasure Chest back there.  Now we need to be lettin' the Cap'n know about the infestation that be makin' that ship a ghost ship."

When Rae alights on the deck of Captain Macaw's ship, she sees the captain and says, "There be no crew left down there, Cap'n, they all be eaten by monster treasure chests. And there be several of them on each ship."

Last edited by TonyTempest (5/15/2018 10:46 pm)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

5/16/2018 4:30 pm  #92

"Mimics," Hyacinth says. "They could literally be anything. Tables, chests of drawers, even the masts and railings."
Macaw stares over the side, arms crossed. "Difficult to salvage when you don't know what salvage might be waiting to eat you, eh?"

5/16/2018 4:53 pm  #93

"Aye," Rae says.  "If there be no way t' be detectin' them, I didn't know if ye would want to torch the ships an' haul wind, or send a boardin' party to root 'em out. I stand ready whatever ye be decidin'."

5/16/2018 7:52 pm  #94

"Might be best to light them up, so another ship doesn't happen upon them."

5/16/2018 8:12 pm  #95

"Aye," Rae says looking over the side at the ships below them.  "Although, I might be able t' be recruitin' a team of buckos to come back here. I be knowin' of a young lad in need of a ship, an' I came out here lookin' fer a way to be obtainin' one.  An' the only thing wrong with this one is the scourge o' hungry treasure chests."

5/17/2018 3:57 pm  #96

Macaw ponders. "I suppose we could leave them. Keeping in mind this is a major trade route. Others could stumble across them in between."

5/17/2018 4:12 pm  #97

"Aye," Rae thinks.  "Do ye have any extra cloth we could be makin' a quarantine jack from?"

5/17/2018 7:54 pm  #98

"Stitchy!" Macaw says. "Get some yellow and black cloth for Rae!"
Stitchy salutes and heads below deck.

Stitchy is called "Stitchy" because he's the only crewman handy with a needle and thread, and keeps the sails in working order. And also because he's a flesh golem and his bits are held together with stitches.

5/17/2018 9:09 pm  #99

Rae gets some red paint, and when Stitchy is done sewing up a pair of flags, she paints "Mimic Infestation" on both. Then she flies down to the masts where the pirate flags are flying and attempts to replace them with the yellow and black plague banners.

5/18/2018 3:50 pm  #100

On the second ship, Rae hears a voice very near her as she affixes the flag. "Help!" it says, coming from the crow's nest.

Board footera