Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2018 1:34 am  #1

The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

Where was everyone? For obvious reasons, Simon had been on his guard when he entered the Sneak Attacking classroom. After making sure no one was lying it wait for him, he picked a seat at the back of the room. No one would be able to jump him from behind that way, and if he needed to leave in a hurry, he could teleport now.

...That had been almost half an hour ago. "Dammit." Was he in the wrong room?

5/26/2018 1:08 pm  #2

Re: The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

[Thirty minutes earlier]
"Drillv!" Professor Flameflicker calls out, causing thirty rouge freshmen to jump, as no one had seen her enter. A warforged raises his hand and chokes out, "Here? Um, are we taking role..."
"Elerk, Conroy?" "Here."
"Finnegan, Dellen?" "Here."
and other names.
"Rigel, Simon?" No answer. "Simon? Not... a good... sign."

[now]
Simon looks around the empty room. Briefly, he thinks he hears the echoey sound of someone yelling "Sneak attack!", but it fades quickly.
"Oh, so you're the one," someone says, and Simon finds a tall skeleton in an out-of-date letterman jacket and plaid pants, bone structure held in place by crackling green flame standing beside him. "Did you know you were three moments sideways from the timeline? It's really making me itch."

5/26/2018 6:22 pm  #3

Simon's jaw drops. He had many questions, but all he could manage was "Haha, what?"

5/26/2018 6:42 pm  #4

"Yeah, you're just a little to the right of 'now.' Cannot even begin to imagine how that happened. And I've seen a lot in my 1,540 years at this school."

5/26/2018 6:58 pm  #5

"If you could tell me there's an easy (or even moderately tough) way to get back to 'now', it'd make my day." He looks vaguely disgusted.

5/26/2018 7:07 pm  #6

"Well, that's the thing, isn't it?" the skeleton-person says. "Time is a river, but you're washed up on the banks. If we're too careless, you could be grabbed up by the rapids and smashed into some rocks. Figurative rocks. Possibly literal ones. Chrono-boulders are unpredictable."

5/26/2018 7:29 pm  #7

Why did they always have to use metaphors? "Okay, then. How do I get back to 'now' while avoiding trouble?"

5/26/2018 11:29 pm  #8

"This... may have been my fault. I'll have to do some research into it. In the meantime, you'll find you can interact with things that are relatively stationary for long periods. But mobile things are going to be hard for you to perceive. Just... hope they don't start moving the furniture around."

5/27/2018 4:58 pm  #9

Simon might have been angry he was in this situation because of Skeleton Guy (who wouldn't give out his real name). But right now, he was too bewildered for even that. "Oh, sure, take your time." He groaned. "Pun not intended. I'm gonna climb onto a windowsill to make sure no one bumps into me later. Or...earlier. Whatever."

5/27/2018 5:35 pm  #10

"Cool. So if you need anything, just leave a note to Vance Van Wilder on the sill. I'll find it eventually, or... already. And I'll be there immediately."

Board footera