Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2018 7:40 pm  #21

Re: The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

"...Hey." Simon awkwardly waves at her. "Uh...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you might be out of sync with the normal timeline. Because I am, and now I can't see any normal people." It must be understood that he meant "Sigil" normal, rather than "normal" normal.

6/01/2018 8:20 pm  #22

"Well, that's just great," the girl says. "I didn't have anything important to do today anyway. Wait, is it still 'today' if you're out of sync with time?"
"It could be," the Professor says. "But just in case, we should get in the TIDWAH* and sort this out." He points into his office, at a large blue box about the right size for one person to stand in for a minor claustrophobic experience.

(*Time Is Definitely Weird Around Here)

6/01/2018 8:27 pm  #23

He approached the box as if it were the entrance to a dungeon, inspecting the handle and hinges before opening it (and standing away from the doorway as he did). Simon carefully glances inside.

6/02/2018 11:36 am  #24

There is considerably more room inside than expected. Even by the standards of Sigil Prep's use of space distortion, it's considerably sizable. The center of the room inside the TIDWAH* is a small desk full of buttons and levers, with a large column in the middle.

"Well, come on then," the Professor says. "Can't leave this plot idling much longer."

*(Time Is Definitely Weird Around Here)

6/04/2018 11:55 pm  #25

"What is this place?" Finishing the gummi Bugbear, Simon enters the...well, he didn't think it was an actual storage room, despite its appearance.

Last edited by RdMarquis (6/04/2018 11:58 pm)

6/05/2018 4:17 pm  #26

"Well, it's a sort of a time cabinet, you see," the Professor says, fiddling with the buttons on the desk thing in the middle of the room. There's a mild lurching, as if it began moving, but no further feeling of movement. "We'll see if we can't realign your temporal axis. You don't have any chrono-allergies do you?"
There is a sudden lurching, as if the movement Simon didn't feel had just stopped. "Hopefully that drops us off in the right when."

6/06/2018 6:39 pm  #27

Once again, the explanation went right over his head. "Here goes nothing." Simon opens the door.

6/06/2018 9:16 pm  #28

Simon steps out on a platform high in the air, surrounded on all sides by towers that stretch even further upward. It only takes a quick inspection before he realizes he's in Sharn. Beside him, the girl who was dragged along for the ride glances around. "Crap! I'm not supposed to leave campus!"

6/07/2018 7:17 pm  #29

Wide-eyed, Simon tells the Professor. "You, uh, brought me home, at least." He takes a second look outside, wondering if there are people around. "But this isn't Sigil Prep." Simon asks the girl, "What do you mean? Is your family going to be upset if you leave the school, or is this one of those cases where you might die if you set foot off the grounds?"

6/08/2018 6:45 pm  #30

"Complicated," she says. "I'm from Barovia. My student visa lets me leave the Demiplane of Dread, but it's only good for collegiate activities." She glances around, cautiously. "I am with a Professor, so I guess..." She frowns. "You are a professor, aren't you?"
"I'm the Professor."
"Whatever." She takes a more observant look around. "This place is amazing."
Simon, for his part, notices a few things aren't... quite right.

Board footera