Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2018 11:23 pm  #1

Mystic By That Much

Arriving for the first time on the Blue campus, Unit makes his way to the Tower of Iron Will, the psionics building, for the first day of his inexorable rise to uncontested power.

6/08/2018 7:04 pm  #2

Re: Mystic By That Much

"I don't understand this," Unit overhears, as a tall (human?) woman with braided hair flips through a student handbook. "This doesn't match up with the stuff I've been studying at all! Avatar? Frickin' Wu Jen? Where's the Kineticist program? Where's Telepath?"
"You're looking at a really old course catalog," a shorter (huuuuman?) male with a head shaved bald save for a long top knotted ponytail replies.
"This sucks!" The woman tosses the book aside. "Oh, hey. A psiforged."

6/08/2018 7:14 pm  #3

Unit chooses to ignore the incorrect term.  "Your power comes from within, not a rigid adherence to a vancian system, kowtowing to some patron, or worship to a deity unworthy of you.  We are mystics, we define ourselves, not some book.  What is your name?"

6/08/2018 8:24 pm  #4

"I'm Ragnara," the tall woman says. "This is Portland. So you're a psiforged, huh? I didn't realize there were any more of those."

6/08/2018 9:05 pm  #5

"Doubt is unworthy of you, Ragnara.  Seize what you want, fear is for lesser beings."

6/08/2018 9:26 pm  #6

Ragnara looks at her friend. "So... is he an oracle, or...?"
"Maybe he taught himself Common while he was trapped in a fortune cookie warehouse, with nothing to occupy his time but reading those tiny slips of paper."

6/08/2018 9:43 pm  #7

If Unit could emote frustration, he would.  "Wisdom is wasted on mortals...  I am here for Mysticism 101, the Soulknife elective.  And I don't allow myself to be defined by a course catalog.  They don't tell you what classes you're taking, you tell them."  

6/09/2018 10:44 am  #8

"I don't think that's how school works."
Portland interrupts. "Soulknife? Cool. Have you met Stabs yet? You guys should... actually, from talking to you for a minute and a half, I can almost guarantee you won't get along."

6/09/2018 1:59 pm  #9

"No, I have not met someone who goes by the questionable sorbriquet of 'Stabs.'  What was your name?  Portly?"

6/09/2018 2:18 pm  #10

"Portland," the xeph replies. "I was named after the port city I was born in. And anyway, Stabs is good people, if... if you like people who consider stabbing a recreational activity."

((This sounds like a place where Lidda could show up, but she doesn't.))

Board footera