Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2018 2:50 am  #31

Re: The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

"It's okay if you want to hang back, but I'm going to take a closer look. Something seems off, here." Simon glances at his classmate, realizing he didn't know what to scream for help if he got into trouble. "Sorry. What was your name again?"

6/14/2018 4:31 pm  #32

"Oh, sorry. I'm Yffub, the Ranger Who Has Chosen Undead to Be Her Favored Enemy. Sorry the sobriquet is so long, but it's traditional."
The most immediate "off" thing Simon seems to notice is that certain elements --business names, where certain road-lining plants are located, even an entire bridge-- aren't what they should be (or in the case of the bridge, there at all).
The one that doesn't click in his mind until a bit later is that a young man nearby, chatting with a newspaper salesman, looks remarkably like Simon's father. Except in his early 20s, tops.

6/16/2018 1:13 am  #33

Making sure not to touch anything (he wasn't sure how the flow of time in this multiverse worked), Simon beats a hasty retreat back to the blue shack. "Okay, so not only are we not back at the school, we're in the wrong year. I just saw my old man. Except he wasn't much older than me. Or Yffub." He grimaces. "This might even be before he joined House Orien."

6/16/2018 11:51 am  #34

"Hmm," the Professor says. "Are there amends you need to make with him? Critical turning point in his life that you might need to nudge in the right direction? There's usually a reason we end up places. Or the temporal guidance system is fitzing out again. That's possible."
As the wild-haired halfling ponders, two burly men grab Simon's dad as he leaves the newsstand and drag him into an alley.

6/16/2018 10:27 pm  #35

"So much for preserving the godsdamn timeline." Simon asks Yffub and the Professor, "Want to help my save my dad so he can shack up with my mom?" And some time after, disown him. Simon doesn't wait for an answer. He puts on a magically enhanced burst of speed to return to the alleyway, only stopping to peek around the corner and see if he could take the men by surprise.

6/17/2018 10:50 am  #36

They don't seem to notice Simon at all as they drag the man down a short passage and into a stockroom door.

6/21/2018 9:01 pm  #37

Simon sprints after them. At the moment, he didn't care too much about being subtle. Just making sure whether he needed to hurt someone.

Last edited by RdMarquis (6/21/2018 9:03 pm)

6/22/2018 6:10 pm  #38

The door they took Simon's father through leads to a nondescript room which contains a rather non-nondescript box, very similar to the Professor's, except it's solid black.
The two men force him into a chair, and the door of the box opens, revealing a man with an emaciated, tight-skinned head, completely hairless except for a goatee.

6/26/2018 10:33 pm  #39

No way they couldn't see him standing in the doorway. "Hey, guys. Are you going to let me take that man home," Simon gestured at his father with a dagger, "or am I going to have to hurt somebody?" A newspaper (with its date scratched out) was in his other hand.

6/27/2018 5:18 pm  #40

"Ah," the tall bald man says, "I thought this ruse might draw you into the open. You've thwarted my plans for the last time."

Board footera