Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2018 12:07 am  #41

Re: The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

Simon missed not being on the back foot. In fairness, that problem had started before he enrolled at Sigil Prep. "Did...I get the wrong shack?" He asks his father, "Hey, you. What's your name?" Then he points his newspaper at the bald man. "You, too."

Last edited by RdMarquis (6/29/2018 12:12 am)

6/29/2018 1:24 pm  #42

Simon's Dad gives the name that is appropriate for being Simon's dad (which the DM doesn't know, but is correct).

The other, balder, eviler man frowns. "What do you mean, I... wait, did I get the timeline mixed up? We haven't had the encounter in pre-War Xen'drick yet? The Waterdeep-Iuz War? Surely you remember when you and Yffub the Whatever She Calls Herself destroyed my second body during the Darkon uprising when I overthrew Azalin Rex?" He growls. "I need to start mapping cross timelines. Anyway, I'm your... future... arch-nemesis Retsam, Master of Time and Vampires."

6/30/2018 7:17 pm  #43

"Um...I think I'd remember that first one." He didn't recognize the other names, but Simon wasn't surprised his ability to annoy people was not limited by game settings. "Look, just let Verden go, or I'll kick this rivalry off right now."

Last edited by RdMarquis (6/30/2018 7:20 pm)

6/30/2018 9:38 pm  #44

"If I let him go, how will I ensure your cooperation?" He chuckles ominously. "Wait, isn't Yffub with you? I was pretty sure I arranged this to get revenge on both of you."

7/02/2018 10:11 pm  #45

"Fine. Guess it's time to roll init-" Simon scowls, and he risks a quick glance over his shoulder. "She's not here. Great."

7/02/2018 10:57 pm  #46

(Because Simon previously said he's scream for her if he got into trouble.)

(Retsam has initiative 11)

7/06/2018 7:27 pm  #47

Simon glances over his shoulder again. "...Uh, Yffub? Help!" Not that he didn't need help against the time traveling supervillain, but it was also an attempt to divert his attention. Simon whirls around and flings the dagger at his head. It strikes Retsam with a blast of energy like a firework going off.

Before the dust clears, Simon kicks the door open wider and teleports behind him. This bit of trickery might have worked better against Retsam if his goons weren't still around.

(Rolled Critical Hit. 6 damage.)

(Rolled 7 to Hide with Cunning Action.)

Last edited by RdMarquis (7/06/2018 8:17 pm)

7/06/2018 10:18 pm  #48

Retsam hisses at the strike, like a proper vampire ought to, but is somewhat shaken by the sudden teleportation. He spins, trying to slash at Simon, but ends up draping claw-like nails across the fabric of Simon's shirt.

7/07/2018 10:15 pm  #49

"Back off!" Simon takes a swing at his head with the rolled up newspaper. With a ripple of distorted time, he vanishes again, reappearing in a shadowy corner of the room (there had to be one, right? This was a shack in an alley in which foul deeds were being planned). Simon flattens himself against the wall.

(Rolled a 23 to hit. 8 damage.)

(Rolled 18 to Hide with Cunning Action.)

Last edited by RdMarquis (7/07/2018 10:17 pm)

7/07/2018 10:27 pm  #50

The villain growls as he's struck with the paper, then turns to attack where Simon isn't. He immediately finds Simon, though and walks that way before taking a crossbow bolt to the shoulder.
Yffub enters, frowning. "Retsam," she says. "You're the last person I expected to find here."
"Now how... I met him FIRST! How do you recognize me and he doesn't... I hate time travel."

Board footera