Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2018 10:47 am  #1

New Kid on the Block

Rae guides Crystalline, the white dragon, through the entrance separating Sigil Prep's Campus from the surrounding city.  "An' here we be," she declares, "Sigil Prep."  As they walk, Rae points out some features, "An' that be me main place t' study, the Kaz the Minotaur School o' Seafarin', because School o' piratin' be not the sort of PR the school be lookin' for, savvy?  And that's the Main Library an' clock tower, ye can see from here, so ye always know how late for class yer gonna be."
   Rae tilts her head and finally admits, "I be not certain how t' get ye registered this late in th' semester... Nor, I suppose, do I really know if ye want to attend classes here.  The important thing be we be gettin' ye out o' that dungeon and away from that picaroon bully." 

Then she hears a half orc speaking to a fellow classmate and she says, "If ye be interested in school, though, I think I hear someone who might be willin' t' help.  I have a thing for voices," she smiles, explaining strangely. No need to say the last time she saw this half-orc he was wearing a mask.  She walks up to the student and asks, "Gary?  Remember me? Rae. Rae Quetzali? I wonder if ye might know how to help me an' me new friend Crystalline?" She lifts her chin sharply in the woman's direction, but with a smile says, "Birenda..."

If anyone else wants to join in here, feel free to cut in some descriptions of campus, or just to say "hi" or whatever you like.  You can also, join in at the end of this post, natch

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

8/24/2018 10:54 am  #2

Re: New Kid on the Block

"Oh yeah," Gary says, with a tusky smile. "Hey! Who's yer friend?"
Birenda's annoyed glare changes quickly as she notices the dragon and jumps back. "Yikes! Wh... what do you want?"

8/24/2018 11:27 am  #3

"Ahoy," Rae says.  "This be Crystalline, We be rescuin' 'er from a particulary nasty scallywag name o' Meepo.  I promised to show her around Sigil Prep, and see if we can get 'er into school if she be likin' it." She looks to Birenda, and says, "I thought helpin' these folk be what ye do?"

8/25/2018 12:24 am  #4

"No, no, no. I rescue non-sapient creatures from the abuse of sapient assholes. Dragons are the top of the sapient asshole pyramid!" She glances cautiously to Crystalline. "No offense."
The dragon snorts little ice crystals.

8/25/2018 1:03 am  #5

Jennifer was concluding the conversation in draconic she had been having off and on with Crystalline on their way back to the campus. "So yeah, after my brother Alexander started his big internship at the Dragonspawn pits of Azharul with his mom's company, we all started taking lessons. My dad called it a cross-cultural educational opportunity. Still it's nice to have the chance to practice it with a native speaker, I deserve no less." she paused for a moment before revising her last statement in Common. "I mean, thank you Crystalline. Sorry, sometimes I mix those two up when I speak Draconic."

8/25/2018 1:36 am  #6

A furball makes itself known by hopping onto Jennifer's shoulder.  Hi!  You smell like fire!  I like fire!

8/25/2018 7:25 am  #7

Rae folds her arms and narrows her eyes as she looks quizzically at Birenda.  "I be not gettin' ye at all...in all yer time liberatin' creatures from servitude ye never once tried t' be helpin' them after th' liberatin'?  Like helpin' them attend school? Or findin' them a place t' be livin'?" She turns to Gary, " oi, Gary, D'ye know where we can be goin' t' help get Crystalline set up somewhere in safe harbors?"

She notes the hamster perched on Jennifer's shoulder, but doesn't say anything as she's talking to Gary and Birenda.

not sure if blue is broadcasting or if his telepathy is targeted to Jennifer ATM

8/25/2018 12:02 pm  #8

A girl clad in dark clothes whizzed by on roller blades, seeming intent on setting a land speed record for crossing the quad.  Masses of dark hair blew back from her face as she sped through the crowds, the people representing no more than a challenge to her maneuvers as she turned in both sharp and gentle arcs toward her destination. 

Rocketing past the group, it seemed unlikely that the girl could recognize anyone at the speed she was making, but apparently she did, because she channeled her considerable momentum into a spin from which she eventually emerged facing the group.

Skating back to them at a less breakneck pace, she rolled up to Rae.  "Rae!"  She looked about quickly to see who else was there.  "You're back."  She saw Jenn too, and waved.  "Jenn!"  She grinned.  "How did the YKoMD thing go?  Everyone return safely?"  She asked, obviously asking about everyone and not one boy in particular.

Only then did she focus on the dragon.  "Wow, another dragon.  Hi."  She didn't know etiquette about greeting a dragon, but she suspected offering one your hand could be misinterpreted, so she didn't.  "I'm Marti-y"  She stumbled over her own name for the first time in a while, which was indication her thoughts were divided.  "Nice to meet you."

She looked to Rae again.  "Introduce me to your new friend?"  She asked.

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

8/25/2018 1:26 pm  #9

"Ahoy, Marty," Rae says smiling. "Th' Young Knights expedition continues still," she said. "But it be much different than planned. A wee wicked kobold took over th' dungeon an' killed the staff. He be enslavin' Crystalline, here, so Jennifer an' me got her out of there." Rae gestures toward the dragon and says, "Marty this be Crystalline. Crystalline, Marty. An' this be me friend Gary," she says of the half orc, "An' his friend Birenda. We met at the Red Campus stables a little bit ago."

Last edited by TonyTempest (8/25/2018 7:48 pm)

8/25/2018 1:36 pm  #10

"You left them in the dungeon?"  She asked with rising incredulity.  "But you had the map!"  She blurted.  She didn't need to know who else was in the group to know who had the map.  "They'll get lost and never make it out."

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

Board footera