Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2018 2:23 pm  #21

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

Is it true that the world beyond that door is overrun by bullywugs? t'Nee croaks frantically. 

Because I'm not one of those good-for-nothing lazy toadfaces, and I've always wanted to punch them right in their ungrateful mouths.  

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/20/2018 5:32 pm  #22

Suspecting he was not going to like the answer, Simon asks the obvious question, regardless. "What's the key to the portal?"

Last edited by RdMarquis (2/20/2018 5:34 pm)

2/20/2018 5:34 pm  #23

Doraad turns towards the frog person and attempts to calm them down.

"I'm sure in either case they aren't literally on the other side of the portal. No need to get in an uproar."

Turning back to the arcane, Doraad thinks for a minute, and pulls out a gold piece:

"So do we all hand you the..." What was the word that people in this city used for currency? "'jinked' first for a common key? Or do we each get our own?"

2/20/2018 10:26 pm  #24

"I'll need all payment up front, of course. Otherwise, once I tell you the key, everyone will know." He palms Doraad's coin and holds his elongated hand out for the rest.

2/20/2018 11:19 pm  #25

"That's fair." Hano pipes up. She reaches for the pouch at her waist and withdraws four gold pieces, dropping them in the Arcane's hand. "You guys can consider this a contribution to the adventure. Besides, going to this soda keep will be really exciting!"

Last edited by Magentamist (2/20/2018 11:19 pm)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

2/20/2018 11:48 pm  #26

"Oh hey thanks! You're one very cool cat." the diminutive frog says, bowing slightly to the feline. 

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/21/2018 12:06 am  #27

Doen was reaching into her coin pouch when Hano pays for all of them herself. "Oh! Thanks Hano!"

2/21/2018 12:07 am  #28

"Very well," Jov nods, pleasantly in a ghoulish sort of pleasantry. "Simply open the door and say 'I really, really, really want to zig-a-zig-ha.' To return, you simply repeat the phrase at the spot where you arrived on the plane."

2/21/2018 12:16 am  #29

The whole process seemed rather odd to Doraad, but then again portals to anywhere outside the 13 planes were extremely rare back in Eberron, and even those not too common. Perhaps it was just the nature of the rest of the cosmos to be more similar to magic in nature. A gesture here, an arcane command word there and you were reaching directly into the fabric of the universe to make your will a reality.

Nevertheless the hobgoblin still felt really silly as he walked up to the green door, opened it, and recited the magic words:
"I really, really, really want to zig-a-zig-ha."
Of course, it was at this point that the thought occurred that the shopkeeper might have been messing with him. Something about that ill reputation was probably true, after all.

Last edited by Jossar (2/21/2018 12:16 am)

2/21/2018 10:44 am  #30

The group emerges, with the portal giving the appearance of them exiting a large craggy cave mouth behind them. They find themselves on a steep road heading up to a keep, already visible in the distance, not a long walk at all.

A passing group of spear-wielding orcs, unusually active at midday, glares at them as they emerge. "What you doing in cave? Out!"

Board footera