Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2018 10:40 pm  #901

Re: Life on the Fifth Floor

I guess this means I should stop eating stuff that's lying around your room, huh.  A hamster drops off the lintel and peers quizzically at Gear.  If you throw him a parade, are you going to have meatbag pinatas for him to hit or something?

12/03/2018 11:00 pm  #902

"I'm not going to poison him!" Shiori protests. "It's just my mother being paranoid. I mean - she's not going to poison him either, I made her promise not to assassinate any of my classmates. But she thinks being poised to kill anyone you meet is basic self-defense."

"Oh, did you eat it?"
she asks Blue, sounding relieved. "That... that's probably a good thing if you did, I think your digestive system would kill them before they hatch."

12/03/2018 11:17 pm  #903

Blue tilts his head to one side.  Was it a spinny purple thing that looked like a giant sunflower seed with tentacles?

12/03/2018 11:19 pm  #904

"Technically I'm not your classmate, but thank you regardless.  Is this poison common knowledge, or would only an alchemist recognize it?"

12/04/2018 12:11 am  #905

"It isn't exactly a poison, I don't know if alchemy is the right field. It... okay, you know how wizards occasionally get drunk or bored or whatever and decide to mix animals together to make weird hybrids? Like owlbears? Well, one of them apparently thought it would be a good idea to combine rust monsters with termites." Shiori coughs. "Um. They have a really fast life cycle, too. As long as they're stored in a properly cool place they don't hatch, but if you take them out it will only take a few hours before a colony starts."

"So... I guess we have one of two problems to worry about. If whoever took the eggs knows what they are, then they probably plan to use them on Unit - or some other warforged, I suppose. And if they don't know, then in a few hours we're going to have a rust termite infestation on our hands."

Last edited by Snark (12/04/2018 8:17 pm)

12/04/2018 8:00 pm  #906

The hamster scratches behind his ear.  I ate that purple thing last week, so I dunno what happened to your warforged-murder poison.  So, uh, does fire kill those things?

12/04/2018 8:32 pm  #907

"I would think so, yes. But that doesn't sound good for the building or warforged they're infesting."

12/04/2018 9:11 pm  #908

"Rustmites!" Gear gasps. "I have to reinforce the metalworks in my room with... oh no. Ceramics? Thick oak? Agh! I have to invent plastic. BRB."

12/04/2018 9:18 pm  #909

If Unit's face were articulated for such expressions, it would be a mask of horror.  "That...that's horrible!"

12/04/2018 10:40 pm  #910

This sounds like something that's going to need a LOT of fire to deal with.  I better steal some of the oil Gear's gonna need to make that plastic.  Hey, Unit, do you have internal oil reservoirs?  I dunno how warforged work this edition.

Board footera