Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2018 11:43 pm  #31

Re: Makin' My Way Downtown

DM Swift wrote:

"Good-bye, sir," the lion-boy waves.

The bugbear listens to Rae and Jennifer and nods. "Right, gotcha. 'Hell spices'" He uses air quotes. "Yeah, I got some 'Baatorian mustard.'" He leans into the back room. "Hey, Danny. What's 'Baatorian mustard' slang for?"
"I find 'at's a kinder mustard they serve in Hell."
"Well that's not drugs."
"Shh."
"Right." He looks back at Jennifer. "What's Baatorian mustard slang for?"

Jennifer was becoming more concerned. Was a spice shop in a planar metropolis really so unaware of what something as staple as Baatorian mustard was. And what was this talk of drugs? "They're like these little seeds from yellow plants? You grind them up and mix them with some other stuff. Do you guys really not have any of that stuff here?"

2/21/2018 11:48 pm  #32

Lorenzo puts a hand on Jenn's shoulder lightly, considering the best way to explain before just shrugging and being blunt.
"We went in the wrong store.  This one is drugs.  We wanted Legitimate Spice Vendor."

2/21/2018 11:52 pm  #33

"Real interestin' place ya got here," Leo says as Rae hustles them out.

2/21/2018 11:55 pm  #34

"Hold on just a minute, youse guys," the bugbear says, pulling a crossbow that has a little round barrel on the bottom for no particular reason. "Maybe I think you seen too much."

2/22/2018 12:01 am  #35

Rae smiles as she turns around, "Now, mateys," she says, "we only be seein' ye didn't have th peppers we be lookin' for.  We are just going to be sailin' t' another spice shop. Thank you so much me buckos."

Friends, then persuasion (14)

Last edited by TonyTempest (2/22/2018 12:02 am)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

2/22/2018 12:01 am  #36

Eshkigal wrote:

Lorenzo puts a hand on Jenn's shoulder lightly, considering the best way to explain before just shrugging and being blunt.
"We went in the wrong store.  This one is drugs.  We wanted Legitimate Spice Vendor."

Jennifer was confused for a moment, it certainly didn't look like a drug store. Then it all clicked together. Every PSA and educational scryprogram she had. Of course, how could she have been so clueless, the big suspicious looking man, the brown paper packages, the subtle threats. She had nearly been tricked into buying from a drug dealer, a serious crime! While concerned with the aforementioned subtle threats though, there was something more, Jennifer was angry.

"Seen too much? I think we've seen just enough, sir! Selling drugs on the street." she paused for a moment realizing they technically weren't on the street. "Just off the street, where impressionable young kids could purchase them. All the while masquerading as a humble spice shop. Shame on you sir! Shame. On. You." she punctuated her last words with a strict finger waving and a look that she had seen so many fiend children suffer from their parents and guardians.

2/22/2018 12:01 am  #37

Lorenzo glances back at the dealer and begins to growl.  Which, given it begins rising past his speaking volume rather quickly, implies he can get a whole lot louder than he has been.
(Initiative 12)

2/22/2018 12:01 am  #38

Unit moves to the front of the group.  "And maybe I think this place would look better burned down around your fat, drooling, mucus-infested pig faces.  And maybe we can all learn to live with a little disappointment once in a while."

(intimidate 5)
(initiative 19)

Last edited by Unit 001 (2/22/2018 12:07 am)

2/22/2018 12:04 am  #39

"Sink me," Rae mutters.

Initiative 25

Last edited by TonyTempest (2/22/2018 12:10 am)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

2/22/2018 12:09 am  #40

Leo looks from Jennifer to Unit and back again, and sighs.

"I really thought we were just gettin' groceries."

(Initiative 18)

Last edited by Akodo Rokku (2/22/2018 12:10 am)

Board footera