Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 11:59 am  #51

Re: A Magical Evening

Before Mialee can answer, the Drow strides across the room. One of the ettin's heads facepalms with both hands. "Ey! That one's my hand!"
The Drow taps Leo on the shoulder. "Mind if I cut in," he says with a smile that looks halfway between arrogance and "I've never smiled before."

3/08/2018 12:32 pm  #52

"I think that's up to the lady," says Leo, returning the smile with a much more earnest one, "it's her dance card."

3/08/2018 3:31 pm  #53

"Yeah, do away Dirkk'."
The Drow frowns. "Very well. Prepare for immense jealousy, Mialee!" He glances around and heads directly for Marty.

3/08/2018 3:45 pm  #54

Leo watches the drow walk away, then squints when he sees who he's walking towards.

"Marty? Mialee, I know that gal.  Is she in trouble?"

3/08/2018 4:46 pm  #55

"Mortal!"  Marty blurted, ignoring or possibly not noticing the approaching drow. "He's looking this way.  Mortal!  He saw me."

Why had she thrown away the bar rag?  What should she do?  What could she do?  Maybe he didn't know she followed him here.  Yeah, if she it seemed she was here with friends, or maybe another guy.  Maybe he'd be just a tiny bit jealous if she was with another guy.  Why did would he?  Why would she even think that? She didn't want him to feel...

The drow dude from earlier blocked her view of Leo, which relieved her more than it annoyed her because it also blocked Leo's view of her.

It took her a while to register that he was talking to her.  "What?"  She asked, having missed his entire opening line.

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

3/08/2018 5:02 pm  #56

Dirkk' blinks, clears his throat. "I said, my name is Dirkk'. The apostrophe is silent. And I was wondering if you would honor yourself with a dance."

Mialee stares at the exchange, then look back at Leo. "If by 'in trouble,' you mean 'about to be annoyed by the world's biggest tool,' then yes."

3/08/2018 5:11 pm  #57

"There's an apostrophe?"  She asked, oblivious to his statement of silence.  "I didn't hear one."

She didn't really want to dance with this arrogant tool, but it was better than Leo thinking she was stalking him.  Or was it?  Maybe she could dance with Lidda.  Girls got together in groups and danced with each other all the time, she was sure it was just to scare losers like this off actually.  She didn't have any experience with girl talk, so she didn't know what they talked about or where thinking in groups like that.  But she did know from experience on the other side that such clusters were effective in deterring unwanted attention.

She was about to turn away from the guy to ask Lidda if she wanted to powder her nose when her mouth disengaged from her brain, and she found herself saying.  "Sure, why not?"

Last edited by ronni.jean (3/08/2018 5:13 pm)

3/08/2018 5:49 pm  #58

Leo looks away from Marty and Dirkk', and back to Mialee.

"Alright, long as he's harmless," says Leo, "I'm sure she can handle 'annoyin''."

3/08/2018 7:19 pm  #59

Dirkk' pulls Marty to him and leads her to the dance floor, in hovering distance of Mialee and Leo. "You dance divinely, um... my dear," he says. "So much better a dancer than those snooty high elves."
"I swear to Corellon," Mialee says to Leo, "I have never been alone with that idiot."

3/08/2018 7:38 pm  #60

"Thanks."  She tells her dance partner with badly offered grace.

She danced through one song, but excused herself when the next number started. 

Board footera