Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2018 5:06 pm  #81

Re: Art For Art's Sake

"Yep," Tinya says. "That's a big one, all right."
The bronto bends its head and tries to nuzzle Rae, who rolled a nat 20 to keep her balance, so she's good.
"Well," the stablekeeper says, "I should shut this up now. Ain't rightly mine to show off, but..."

"Hold it right there!" a voice calls out, and three students in black jumpsuits and ninja masks (but who don't seem to be ninjas) are standing behind the group. The leader, a female half-elf, barks, "These beasts of so-called burden are meant to be free, and on behalf of the Second-Life Alliance, we're closing this stable..."
"Opening," the male half-orc says.
"What?"
"I mean, if we close the stable, the animals are still inside..."
"Whatever, Gary. We're releasing these poor abused beasts."
"Abused?"  The stable keeper looks sad.

3/17/2018 5:17 pm  #82

"Nobody in here looks abused ta me," says Leo, "I always thought the animal companion partnership was a special bond, family-like. Why would ya wanna break that up?"

3/17/2018 8:03 pm  #83

"Avast! What Leo be sayin' be truth!" Rae says.  She rubs the snout of the Brontodon as it nuzzled her.  It was actually amazing how Ohtli trained him, controlling his massive size while showing his affection. He might have only nearly knocked her over because her weight would be so much less than the sun empire rangers.  She leaned in, her check on the big creature's snoot.

"If ye be settin' these creatures free, they just be running to their partners an' buckos anyway.  These stables just be their dorms.  It be no prison, it be their bunk.  Aye, Gary?"

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

3/18/2018 3:08 pm  #84

"I mean, that's kind of true," the half-orc says. "I'm a ranger, and..."
"Fine!" the leader says. "But the ones that are just mounts, you know. Mount is another word for 'slave whose back I ride on.' You can damn sure bet we're setting the mounts free."

3/18/2018 3:48 pm  #85

"Ain't 'special mounts' the same thing? Magical bond through the paladin's faith and all that."

3/18/2018 5:07 pm  #86

"And cavaliers,aye?" Rae says, then looks at the half giant, "Belay that. Be cavaliers still a thing?"

3/18/2018 5:41 pm  #87

"Enough of this nonsense!" the half-elf declares. "I'm talking about ordinary mounts and... you know what? I'm opening the stables." And she starts opening stables.

3/18/2018 5:52 pm  #88

"Arrr, Gary," Rae says, "Do ye think we be able t' savvy which be proper mounts and which are ordinary? Ye should stop her until we be knowin' for sure, and maybe I be helpin' ye."

roll 21 persuasion

Last edited by TonyTempest (3/18/2018 5:52 pm)

3/18/2018 5:52 pm  #89

"Well I ain't exactly prepared to start a fight to stop ya, but have ya considered how yer gonna wrangle the critters once you've let 'em all out? To say nothin' of how some might be predators, some might be prey... ya really don't seem prepared to deal with that kinda mess."

3/18/2018 6:48 pm  #90

Simon leans on the nearest stable the half-elf is trying to open. "Second-Life Alliance, huh? I think I've heard someone mention that name. What's your group about?"

(Rolled 17 on Deception.)

Board footera