Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2018 8:27 am  #251

Re: Rush Week

"Fast?" said Shiori, wondering if this was a trick question, and then, "Oh! Um, yes, I'm a pretty good runner, I think. I'm also good at ducking and weaving. Are there tests I need to take?"

4/29/2018 9:15 am  #252

"Hey, Regdar!" Klank calls, then shakes his head. "Dang fool's never around when ya need 'im. Hey, Second String Quarterback, whatever yer dang name is! Hike this ball to whazzername here, so I can see her hustle. Rest of you jerks try to tackle 'er."

4/29/2018 9:52 pm  #253

Shiori spins around, on the lookout for whatever-yer-dang-name-is and the rest of the jerks, and waits for the ball to be 'hiked'. Whatever that means. She has a moment of uncertainty as it spirals towards her - all of her reflexes say dodge - but her observation suggests that football players fight to have the ball, not avoid it. She does her best, and then legs it in whichever direction features the fewest football players. 

(Dash action, with a base speed of 40 feet. Spending 1 ki on Patient Defense to use Dodge as a bonus action.)

4/29/2018 11:03 pm  #254

Taking the path of least resistance, Shiori easily evades a large man diving at her, and capably dodges another, before a massive half-orc grabs her by the waist and takes her to the ground.
"Weren't too bad," he says. "Got some speed to ya. Monk?"

4/30/2018 8:27 am  #255

"Monk," Shiori gasps out, winded by the tackle, "double-majored with rogue. They offer a number of... athletics electives."

4/30/2018 5:41 pm  #256

Klank rubs his chin with an annoying steel-on-steel scratching sound. "Yeah, you got potential, kid. Lotta hustle. Make yerself harder to tackle, an' I can see things happenin'."
"Learnin' the rules'll help," the half-orc adds.
"Eh. Rabbadip don't know the rules an' he does all right."

5/01/2018 8:31 am  #257

"I can learn the rules. I should learn them. I wouldn't want to break any of them by accident. How do I make myself harder to tackle?"

5/01/2018 3:45 pm  #258

"Eh, you were doin' fine," Krusk says. "Run fast, take the path with the fewest opposing players, use the Dodge action. You were doing everything right, I just got a bit o' experience on ya."

5/02/2018 10:03 am  #259

"So just practice, then? I can do that." Shiori is a little disappointed that there are no secret football arts for being hard to tackle, but 'lots and lots of practice' is a school of teaching she's familiar with. (Besides, maybe there still are secret techniques. Secret means you don't tell just anyone about them.) "Are there more tests? Do I need to do something else? Training montage?"

5/02/2018 4:59 pm  #260

"Training montage couldn't hurt," Klank says. "Otherwise, just come to the next practice an' we'll get ya started."
"Here," the half-orc says. He tosses the ball to a nearby bullywug, who begins hopping wildly toward the goalpost with several people chasing and failing to tackle him. "Try to do what he does, but on purpose."

Board footera