Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2018 2:11 pm  #211

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

It's not hard to find a ship preparing to depart, especially ships heading for Krynn. The one leaving most immediately is ship designed to look not unlike a preying mantis. Its captain, a human named Carpassian, seems a bit distracted but agrees to allow Rae passage.

6/09/2018 2:26 pm  #212

"Thank ye," Rae says.  "I just be needin' t' say goodbye to Mei."

She flies off to see Mei one last time... at least on this visit.  "Oi, Mei," she says, "I just be droppin' in to say to ye 'good bye' an' thank ye for everything while I be in port.  I be catchin' a lift to Krynn on a ship with Cap'n Carassian."

Last edited by TonyTempest (6/09/2018 2:35 pm)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

6/09/2018 9:50 pm  #213

"Safe journey, young lady. I look forward to hearing more of Ixalan the next time you're through." She takes Rae's hands motherly, and in doing so, passes her a small necklace.

6/09/2018 9:56 pm  #214

Rae nods and smiles. "I be lookin' forward to it!". Then she flies back to the docks and reports to Captain Carrassian or the quartermaster for her duties for preparing the ship for the flight to Krynn.  If asked she explains that she's a good lookout, navigator, and in a pinch thinks she might be able to power a helm.

6/10/2018 10:05 am  #215

"Very good," Carpassian says. "I'll keep all that in mind."
Rae has an opportunity to put her skills to use in the journey, but nothing of note happens before the ship arrives at port in Palanthus on Krynn. The unloading happens quickly, and as it occurs, Rae can spot Macaw's ship further down the docks.

6/10/2018 10:51 am  #216

After helping with the unloading, and setting accounts in order, Rae thanks Carpassian for the "ride".  She collects any pay that is a differential between what she earned and the cost of the voyage (but does not ask for such... if Carpassian doesn't offer pay, she just keeps it in mind).  

Then she flies down to see Captain Macaw, Sands, and Hyacinth.  "Ahoy, the ship!  Cap'n Macaw, sir!" Rae says.  She tells the three of what happened, how she talked von Felderell into leaving the planet without harming anyone, and how a dragon appeared from nowhere to punish Felderell for his temerity.  She suspects Mei had something to do with the dragon's arrival, but since dragons in her universe do not take human shape, she doesn't make a leap into thinking Mei might be the dragon.... so describes the fortuitous arrival of the dragon as just that.  She finishes up with Mei's promise to make things right with Macaw, and explains why she rushed Macaw off the planet. "I be concerned that... well, sometimes when I be usin' me voice in dire circumstances t' convince people t' do things they don't right want t' do... well, sometimes that can backfire in a bad way.  It happened t' me once, and it happens t' sirens where I be from ... well, more'n once," she smiled, "So I didn't want Felderell to take it out on ye or th' crew if he be gettin' a change o' heart."

OOC: btw, when she's away from Mei, she'll count how much was in the purse she received... she didn't want to be rude, and didn't count it in the bar when Mei gave it to her.

Last edited by TonyTempest (6/10/2018 10:52 am)

6/10/2018 4:33 pm  #217

(The purse contains 12 platinum pieces, and Carpassian offers five gold in payment)

"Well, I'm certainly glad you made it safely away," Macaw says. "We were very concerned."
"Somewhat concerned," Hyacinth says. "I've known Mei long enough to know that man didn't have the grit to cross her and get away with it."

6/10/2018 4:50 pm  #218

"She be pretty amazin'," Rae agrees.  " Now, do any o' ye know where the nearest PCAA affiliated school be?"

6/10/2018 7:09 pm  #219

"University of Palanthas, I reckon," Sands says. "Not familiar with this PCAA, but the University is the most important school in these parts. Not so much as the Academy of Sorcery, but that's all the way in Solace."

6/10/2018 7:32 pm  #220

Rae nods.  "I have no idea how far away Solace is, but I think the school be me best bet for gettin' back t' Sigil Prep."

Board footera