Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2018 5:34 pm  #31

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

At six bells, the ship approaches the shell of the crystal sphere.  Then alarm bells ring throughout the ship, and the cry goes throughout the ship, "Crystal Shell! Put out all fires!"  Rae looks around as the call continues, "Put out the fires! Extinguish the fires!"

Sailors put out torches, below deck cookie was making sure all cook fires were definitely doused.  "Rae," one of the sailors says, "Put out that torch and be making sure it's out."

Rae went over to the torch and extinguished it, then dipped it in a bucket of water as she saw others do.  Her eyes were wide. Why was this fire extinguishing so important?  It was being taken very seriously all around the ship.  Runners reported to the captain when a search was done, and all fires were definitely extinguished with no embers left.  The ship was ready to enter the Flow, and Rae was eager to see what was about to happen.

Last edited by TonyTempest (5/07/2018 5:34 pm)

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

5/07/2018 6:05 pm  #32

The ship's mage shouts out a spell, and a swirling, growing disk of light appears on the seeming infinite wall ahead. It grows and opens, allowing the ship to pass through, and suddenly the darkness of space gives way to seeming infinite sea of color. Swirls of every hue flow about the ship, and it lunges forward, no longer straining for solar winds, as the strange substance the ship has now entered has natural currents that grab the ship and pull it along.

5/07/2018 6:10 pm  #33

Rae watches with wide eyes, finally almost audibly gasping when she saw the colors of the Flow (only Hyacinth's presence stops her, as she knows she hasn't won her over yet).  It was like flying through a rainbow. Or fire. Or a fiery rainbow of fire with... like colors she's never seen before.

"wow," she finally relents to saying.

Last edited by TonyTempest (5/07/2018 8:04 pm)

5/07/2018 8:01 pm  #34

Hyacinth rolls her eyes and returns below deck. Sands stands beside the navigator, who declares, "We've caught the current. Smooth sailing to Krynnspace, the gods willing."

5/07/2018 8:20 pm  #35

On the trip to the Krynn crystal sphere, Rae returns to her duties.  Coiling rope, swabbing decks, helping the ships' carpenter with minor repairs.  She takes her meals on deck, watching the flow, and a few sailors have joined her.  Her wonder is infectious, and even jaded sailors look at the swirling Flow anew with her.  She talks with the others, over meals, while working, before sleeping in their hammocks.  She takes notes in her journal when she doesn't want to forget something.  She talks to the navigator about how the Flow is navigated. She'd like to see maps, but she knows how protective some navigators and Captain's can be about such things, so she doesn't push or pry, hoping he might confidence in her.

Over one meal, she runs into Hyacinth picking out a fruit from ship's stores.  "Ahoy, (whatever adress the shps mage prefers) Hyacinth," Rae says cheerfully.  "How be ye this...morning? I suppose? Such a beautiful day, aye? Do ye ever fly about the ship while in the phlogiston? To get a better look?"

5/07/2018 8:24 pm  #36

"The Captain's not interested in you," is her response.

5/07/2018 8:34 pm  #37

Rae nods.  "Aye... " She says, her voice trailing away, then, "Oh, Aye!". She leans in and says girl-to-girl, "I admit to having a school girl crush, aye?  But I be bettin' 'is favorite color is blue, savvy?" She smiles. "Yer feathers be so beautiful.  How do ye keep them so shiny out here?  When I was in the dirtkicker fleet I served in, me own feathers would get so dull between me somewhat weekly baths."

Last edited by TonyTempest (5/07/2018 10:59 pm)

5/08/2018 3:31 pm  #38

Hyacinth glances at Rae curiously. "I'm not interested in you, either."

5/08/2018 3:36 pm  #39

Rae laughs.  "Nay, ye needn't be worryin' bout that.  Just meanin' t' talk small." She changes tactics.  "Where ye be hailin' from?  Ye 'n the cap'n from the same world?"

5/08/2018 3:39 pm  #40

She continues to stare at Rae warily. "We're from Edill, in the Greyspace system."

Board footera