Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2018 5:21 pm  #41

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

"oh!" Rae says, "I've heard of Greyspace.  That's the one where the sun orbits the primary. What be Edill like?"

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

5/09/2018 5:08 pm  #42

"It's an air world, with little islands of Earth, Fire and Water floating about in it. The bulk of it is controlled by silver dragons, though there are also reds. There are colonies of many races who ride the winds, though."

5/09/2018 5:49 pm  #43

Rae listens raptly. "It sounds...glorious!"

5/09/2018 6:26 pm  #44

"It is a beautiful place. From the outside, like a round, blue robin's egg, so pure and perfect."

5/09/2018 6:32 pm  #45

"I would be likin' t' go there some day," Rae says.

5/09/2018 7:45 pm  #46

"It's not on the itinerary," Hyacinth says, with a bit of acid, but not as intently as before.

5/09/2018 7:52 pm  #47

"oh, I know, " Rae said with a smile. "But someday it be nice t' visit there. But, it would be nice to visit lots o' places, I'm sure.  I'm just getting started."

5/10/2018 1:58 pm  #48

Hyacinth nods. "Be that as it may, I have duties." She turns, then adds. "So do you."

5/10/2018 2:48 pm  #49

As bells ring signalling a shift change, Rae grins. "Aye, I do." She returns to the deck to see what wonderful jobs she will get to do today.

Later on the voyage on lookout duty, Rae sits on the edge of the crow's nest looking out at the rivers of fire.  While that was a poetic term, Rae had learned the importance of the fire extinguishing ritual before entering the phlogiston, so it was definitely a term used to remind sailors of the danger.  She looked all around the vessel, had even screwed up the courage to take a lap around the ship's air bubble, but all she could see in any direction was rainbow fire.  So she sat on the crow's nest, and ate the half a grapefruit she was rationed for the day, to ward off "scurvy" which was apparently a condition that sailors from realms that didn't have jungles full of fruit to refill there larders had to worry about.  As she looked off in the distance she idly pulled out her new sextant and looked through it.  There was nothing to focus on, and nothing even remotely resembling a horizon anyway.  She hadn't had a chance to try it in Bralspace, but she was curious as to how navigation worked in the Flow.
She put it away, finished her fruit, then wrote a note in her journal. Then she took another lap around the ship.  She watched as the sails billowed in the Flow, and the massive bird-like wing-sails shifted and turned to catch the river of phlogistan better.  She looked around the Flow to see if she could spot anything. But so far, it was just another day in the phlogiston.  Ship scuttlebutt claimed Krynnspace was near, but since her talk with Hyacinth, she hadn't exactly warranted any face time with the ships officers beyond accepting orders, so she had no idea how true that was.

5/10/2018 6:04 pm  #50

"Ah, there she is," a lookout named Belvin says after a few days, glancing through a telescope. "Krynnspace ahoy!"

Board footera