Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2018 3:22 pm  #61

Re: Born to be a Rock (of Bral) Star

Rae nods. "So, it may be a trap.". She looks at the captain. She taps her chin again. "We can flee...haul wind while we can." She studies the ship through her spyglass again and mutters, "all these ships still look like they be made by dirtkicker...or we can take advantage o' our advantages.... What if we come about high, so their cannon an' ballistas can't target us, then drop down on them from above?  We could fly down on 'em, take them by surprise.  If they move t' bring weapons about, we could continue on.  They'd have to come about to give chase which could buy us time.". She looks at the ships again. "Especially positioned as they are, if they didn't execute correctly, they'd even be gettin' in each other's way when they be tryin' t' turn"

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

5/11/2018 8:19 pm  #62

"A good idea. If they are lying in wait, it'll take them a while to get into position to adjust the ship. Relay that to the helm, Sands."
"Aye Captain," and he runs off.

5/11/2018 9:13 pm  #63

Rae smiles to herself, probably proudly, that her idea was seen as valid.  

5/11/2018 9:35 pm  #64

The ship moves sharply, although smoothly as gravity seems to adjust itself easily to remain constant with the floor, and approaches the hammerships from an entirely different angle. As it gets closer, the ships continue to look inert.

5/11/2018 9:42 pm  #65

Rae checks her weapons.  "I be ready to fly over to the other ship as soon as our air bubbles be close," she announces.

5/12/2018 10:48 am  #66

"Are you sure?" Macaw says. "Not too many of us who can fly to back you up until we're close enough to throw ropes, and Hyacinth and I are needed on the ship"
"I'm not," Hyacinth says. "I can go."

5/12/2018 12:13 pm  #67

Rae nods, "I be used to leading boarding...advanced scouting if ships." She looks to Hyacinth. "I also usually be havin' a way o' talking to folks. If there be trouble, I might be able to talk meway out of it, and that be goin' mite easier without a whole party."

5/12/2018 12:43 pm  #68

Hyacinth nods. "Very well."
"Be prepared to jump then," Macaw says. "The air pockets will overlap in just a minute or so."

5/12/2018 1:08 pm  #69

As the ships get close, Rae jumps over the side and dives down towards the hammerships. Crossing the zero-g plane, she then starts to climb up toward the ships that now seems to hang upside down in the sky above her. She thanks her time in sigil for the scene not being disorienting...but then she exits the air bubble of the ship and it's her first time in actual zero gravity.  She actually does feel a bit of vertigo at that, but then she feels freedom.  Her body doesn't know what way to go, but she keeps her eyes focused on the ship's, and pushes her way to them. When she hits the hammerships air bubble, she suddenly is in gravity again, and falling toward the ship rather than climbing.  Practice flying though the gravity plane on macaw's ship prepares her somewhat, and her wings open to catch herself.in short order, she's diving past the crows nest and approaching the deck.

5/12/2018 4:05 pm  #70

The ship is eerily silent. In perfect condition, but not a soul on board. The sails are furled and tied down perfectly, all the lifeboats in place. A mop sits in a full bucket, leaned against the rails.

Board footera