Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2018 9:20 pm  #61

Re: Honey, I Shrunk the Swamp

DM Swift wrote:

(for the sake of argument, Robyn is battling the hordes of bugbears as main villain and henchmen harass our heroes

(bugbears?? also, what's Biggs doing? did he fuck off? i bet he fucked right off.)

t'Nee shrugs at his favorite ninja.  "Last time we pretended to be Health Inspectors and he just sort of paid us his fine, promised to stop, and we left before raiding his basement for his ring of jumping." 

"So, he's about as smart as a bullywug, but maybe even weirder. Ogres definitely look like the larger threats to me, but that could just be literal." 

With that, t'Nee leaps into the air and lands with his spear straight through one of the ogres' big toes. He struggles a bit to pull his spear back out, so one of his follow-up kicks appear to be of little effect, but the other lands right on the stab wound, causing the ogre to cry out a bunch of expletives in Ogrish.

((24 to hit, 8 piercing dmg, DC12 CON save or 5 Poison dmg. Flurry of Blows unarmed attacks are 6 and 11 to hit. On the off chance 11 hits, 8 bludgeoning damage and a DC12 CON save or Sid is poisoned for 1 minute (save ends))

Last edited by Sol (6/01/2018 9:36 pm)

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

6/01/2018 9:33 pm  #62

"Sounds like a noncombatant, then. Ogres it is!" Shiori is not as jump-y as a literal frog-man, but she makes a pretty good go of it, landing a flying kick and a knife to the knee. 

(22 to hit, 11 damage counting sneak attack, followed by flurry of blows: 8 misses (I assume) and 18 probably hits for 6 damage)

6/02/2018 11:44 am  #63

(strike that bugbear reference; Robyn is fighting bullywugs)

t'Nee and Burvik attack the same ogre, and between them, stagger him quite a bit. He takes stabs and punches and a massive club blow, and seems to largely ignore t'Nee's various poisons.

Shiori, meanwhile, gives a couple of good blows to the other ogre.

Marley makes a few tentative punching motions in no way meant to hit anyone, more just trying to egg the ogres on.

One of the ogres swings its club like a baseball bat, swatting t'Nee in mid jump (14 bludgeoning), while the other clobbers Shiori hard (16 bludgeoning) in the head.

6/03/2018 1:01 am  #64

"Ow! Goddamn that hurt! No wonder they name belts of strength after you idiots!" t'Nee yells at Sid. 

"Biggs, where the fuck did you go?" he shouts, looking for the hermit, before sighing. 

He stabs his spear into the ogre's belly and swings up on it, kicking the ogre twice in the head before landing and pulling his spear back out. 

((Spear attack, 22 to hit, 7 dmg, DC12 CON save or 6 poison damage. Flurry attacks at 17 and 24 both hit, for 8 and 6 damage, triggering 2 DC12 CON saves or Sid is poisoned for 1 minute (save ends)))

Miles, FFH

6/03/2018 1:27 pm  #65

The ogre is next to unconscous, swaying badly, after t'Nee's multiple attacks, and Burvik follows up by swinging a club, neatly removing the monster's head.

Biggs perks up. "Oh! I forget I was involved in all this an' just went back to hermitin'. Sorry." He reaches out and tries to grapple the ogre, forgetting he was now shorty and unable to get his arms around it.

(Shiori)

6/04/2018 5:52 pm  #66

Shiori dizzily stabs the ogre in the knee again, then takes advantage of Bigg's presence to beat a hasty retreat. 

(Attack, 11 to hit and 6 damage, then use Step of the Wind to disengage as a bonus action and move away. No ki left)

6/04/2018 8:48 pm  #67

The ogre swings at where Shiori was, then when she isn't there, adjusts to wildly miss Biggs.

Marley slowly starts to creep toward the machine.

(back to the top)

6/04/2018 10:47 pm  #68

"Oh no you don't! How does that machine even work, you honorary bullywug?" t'Nee asks part-rhetorically, while hopping through the air at Marley. 

He catches one of his feet on the fallen ogre mid-leap, and tumbles the rest of the way, missing his spear attack entirely and slamming into Marley inelegantly, but manages to regain his footing between Marley and the machine. 

((Spear atk was a 10, Flurry hits at 18 and 14, for 7 damage each. Marley must make two DC12 CON saves or else be Poisoned for 1 minute (save ends)))

Last edited by Sol (6/04/2018 10:47 pm)

Miles, FFH

6/05/2018 4:09 pm  #69

A couple of solid blows puts Marley down. He lies, dazed, in the swamp water, and barfs a bit.

(Shiori? One ogre left)

6/06/2018 1:46 am  #70

Shiori keeps her distance, producing a throwing star from somewhere and throwing it at the ogre. Her aim is good, but the fact remains that throwing stars are pretty small and ogres are awfully large. She wishes she'd brought some of her mother's poisons along.

(19 to hit, 6 damage)

Board footera