Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2018 7:13 pm  #61

Re: The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

"No! Er..." Simon clears his throat awkwardly. "I mean, no thanks. I just wanted to help." He forces a smile. "If you really want to do us a favor, just...go back to your life. Take care of yourself." Simon sees his father off, then returns to the shack, closing the door behind him. He sighs deeply.

"So," he asks Yffub, "you know of a good way of moving this guy without looking like we just committed a murder?" Well, they had committed a murder, but it was a time-traveling supervillain who probably wasn't even gone for good. So, it was a wash. Right?

8/12/2018 11:01 pm  #62

"The usual method for vampire disposal involves cutting off the head and burying it separately from the body, but I don't know if even that will matter with him." She pauses. "Traditionally, a vampire like this would have misted and gone back to his coffin to recuperate. It's odd that his body's just lying there."

8/14/2018 10:41 pm  #63

"...Huh. Comics never mentioned that part. Do we still need to get him to sacred ground?" Simon retrieves his knife from the floor. He makes another cautious approach to the body, raising the blade for a swing at Retsam's neck. "Weird or not, he mentioned having extra bodies. Hope this at least slows him down...!"

8/14/2018 11:20 pm  #64

The carving of the vampire complete, Yffub sticks her head out the door, then looks back to Simon. "So how do you go about burying people in this entirely tower-based city?"

8/21/2018 11:50 pm  #65

"There's land. Quite a bit of it is expensive or polluted, but it's...there." Simon says awkwardly. "I know I suggested a church, but we'll need to do a good job of explaining things to them." He hadn't realized that in the confusion of the fight. "Also, cremations are popular."

8/22/2018 8:51 pm  #66

"Cremation is probably smart. You know the terrain better then me. Lead on."

8/23/2018 12:29 am  #67

"I guess. We're about twenty years in the past right now." The last time he'd needed to move something awful and fleshy, it had been alive. A dismembered vampire was a tiny improvement. In comparison. "There's always the Cogs. Oh, yeah. The city is suspended over a lake of magma." Created by one of his supposed predecessors. "It's going to be a hike, but no one looks twice at people dumping stuff down there."

But on their way past the Sovereign Towers district, Simon has a different idea. A different, and possibly sacrilegious idea. "Forgot this was here." He indicates the Cathedral of the Cleansing Flame, which looks a little closer to a Shrine at the moment. "They do cremations, and in the future...uh, present, there's one or two priests who are willing to perform unofficial ones. Wanna try to save ourselves a walk?"

Last edited by RdMarquis (8/23/2018 12:38 am)

8/23/2018 2:56 pm  #68

"Sounds like a plan. The longer I'm gone from campus, the more likely I'm going to be forcefully expelled from school by dark forces of unknowable intent. Any time we can shave, the better."

8/24/2018 12:25 am  #69

Simon puts a chunk of his gold into a smaller pouch. "I'll make this quick." That time may or may not be a factor is a point he didn't feel the need to harp on.

Inside, he looks for and approaches the first person with fancier vestments than anyone else. "Hello. My friend and I are about to leave on a journey. We'd like to go with the Flame's blessing. Would you be willing to say a prayer for us and a departed friend?" House Tarkanan wouldn't have gotten off the ground just yet. But he was told the "password" hadn't changed in several decades. Everyone needed stuff incinerated, and no one had a reason to rock this particular boat.

"Oh, and here's a donation. For the cause." If this priest was honest, well, there were worse causes to be supporting.

8/24/2018 10:50 am  #70

The priest's eyes light up. "Oh, yes. Yes, please come in. We shall gladly pray for your departed friend. And your journey, of course."

Board footera