Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/25/2018 9:32 pm  #71

Re: The Day the School Stood Still (and Classes Start)

"Thanks." Simon follows the priest, but keeps a wary eye on the people around him. This wasn't exactly a friendly place.

8/26/2018 10:44 am  #72

They reach the crematorium readily enough, at which point the priest eyes a small necklace Yffub is wearing. "I don't recognize the holy symbol."
"It's, um... not local."
He scratches his chin. "I see. Well, shall we take care of business, then?"

8/31/2018 12:36 am  #73

He wasn't expecting that reaction from a crooked priest. At least, not in this church. "Yeah." Simon removes his backpack. "So, a vampire tried to kill us earlier. We managed to defeat him, but we have to make sure he doesn't come back." He carefully unzips the bag, as if expecting Retsam to pop out like a demented Jack in the Box. At least he wouldn't have all his body parts. Yffub was carrying about half of the vampire.

8/31/2018 11:41 am  #74

"A vampire, you say? Of course." The insincerity of his smile seems to indicate he doesn't believe it entirely, but his eyes keep falling back on Yffub's holy symbol.
"I mean, I'm not a cleric or anything. This is decorative more than anything else."
"Of course." He opens the door of the furnace. "Again... let's take care of business."

9/03/2018 9:11 pm  #75

Better not mention he worshiped the Traveler (or at least professed to it, which seemed to be enough), then.  "Okay." Simon lugs the backpack closer and opens it, his other hand straying near a weapon. Maybe the man would believe him when he saw Retsam's fangs and claws.

Last edited by RdMarquis (9/03/2018 9:14 pm)

9/04/2018 1:33 pm  #76

Once the bags are opened, the cleric's face changes. "Ah. Perhaps I misjudged. Yes, you definitely did the right thing bringing this here. The... two of you took him down alone?"

9/08/2018 12:33 am  #77

"Somehow." Simon does not mention the whole "multiple bodies" implication. He didn't want to spook the man into changing his mind about helping them. "She took him by surprise while I kept him busy." Simon nods at Yffub as he begins tossing vampire bits into the furnace.

9/08/2018 11:53 pm  #78

The priest nods, as the last of the vampire is incinerated. Finally, he says, "Might I see this... foreign holy symbol up close." He reaches for it.
"I'd rather you didn't. Family heirloom."
"I'm afraid I must insist."

9/14/2018 12:58 am  #79

Yep, he was going there. "She said no, Sir. We don't want any trouble, but we can cause plenty of it if you press us. I just leveled up. And, as established, we just took down a vampire." Simon zips up the backpack, his eyes never leaving the priest. "We're leaving, and there's a bonus in it for you if you forget we were here."

9/14/2018 3:07 pm  #80

His eyes don't leave Yffub's necklace as Simon chastises him, but the word 'bonus' brings his attention back down. "Very well, friend. A little tithe for the church will do wonders to... alleviate this slight blasphemy. My apologies for overreacting."

Board footera