Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2018 1:22 pm  #31

Re: The first rule of underground monster-fighting ring is...

"It's out on Wyatt Street, couple blocks from the map store. Don't think he's got much business, but he's dang determined."

6/03/2018 4:36 pm  #32

They headed out for Wyatt street.  During the trip, Marty talked to Mitzi.  "So what's your story?  Have you always been an animal fight... uh, manager I guess?" 

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

6/03/2018 5:09 pm  #33

"Nah, I used to be an aerobics instructor. Then I started hanging out with this guy who trained fighting monsters, and we were buds for a while, but turns out he just periodically trades out his female partner for somebody who has a more interesting hat. So, I took it up myself. Decided it couldn't hurt to get some formal training, so here I am."
"And I," Kel says, "got kicked out of my faerie circle because the other pixies thought I was an asshole. Can you believe that? Bunch o' pansies."

6/03/2018 5:35 pm  #34

"You did take up with Crieg once you got here."  Marty replied sweetly to the pixie.  "So... you may have to work on your judgement."  She left it at that.

"Aerobics.  That explains the muscle tone."  She gave the girl a slow once over.  There was a time not so very long ago when she'd have taken a keen and very different interest in the view.  Now, she felt more envy at certain features that might be better than hers, and a perverse delight when she thought she might have a nicer bit of this or that.

She gave a shrug as the casual treatment was described.  "You can't really overstate the importance of good accessories, hats included.  But putting people in that category is a pretty dick move.  I'm glad to see that you learned and grew from that."

As they neared the Elephant wash she asked.  "Sigil Prep has a monster-trainer program?  Is that a druid archetype?"

6/03/2018 8:55 pm  #35

"Well, I'm not studying monster-training, exactly. I'm actually a pyromancer major, but I'm taking some animal handling courses as an elective. It's a terrible build, but I gotta do me, you know?"

The trio arrive at a large structure, that's effectively a tarp stretched over four poles. In front of it stands a man with a large, bushy mustache, holding a long pole with a brush on the end, and a bucket of soapy water. He glances expectantly up and down the street.

6/03/2018 9:32 pm  #36

"Pyromancy and animal handling."  Marty withheld judgement.  Like the girl said, she had to do herself.  "Must make for a wide range of classmates."  She had most of her own classes in the black campus, but a significant few on blue ground.

"Oh hey!"  Marty could tell almost before the conversation started that this guy didn't know where to find elephants, but they were here, so...  "You're Redmon?"  She asked.  "I was told you were the man to ask about elephants."  She shared.  "I'm looking for one about puppy sized.  One with really big ears if possible."

6/03/2018 9:45 pm  #37

"A puppy-sized elephant?" He says, scratching his mustache. "Heard tell of such a thing in the minimal forest back on Oerth, in the Valley o' the Mages. They're a pretty rare breed t' be sure." Leaning the pole against his shoulder, he removes his cap to scratch his head, then replaces it. "If'n you get yourself one, I'd be more'n happy to wash it for you."

6/03/2018 10:00 pm  #38

"Really?"  She asked in amazement.  That was actually a real lead.   "Oerth you say?"  She'd heard of that world, a lot of the more prominent upperclessmen seemed to be from that plane, or planet, or world.  Whatever.  "You wouldn't know the best portal to the Valley of the Mages?"  She asked.

Turning to Mitzy, she asked.  "Anything we might want from there to directly put in a fight?  Tiny lions or tigers or bears or something?"

6/03/2018 10:22 pm  #39

A chubby hamster leaps up onto Marty's shoulder from nowhere.  Pembe! Oh wait, you're not Pembe.  Not anymore.  Who are you now?  Were you in the other continuity?  Without waiting for a reply, he scampers to the other shoulder.  No, can't have been.  Makes no sense.  The hamster peers at Mitzi and wrinkles his nose.  Your mindsense is familiar.  Are you in one of my pyromantic theory labs?

6/03/2018 10:37 pm  #40

"Pembe?"  Marty asked, frowning in confusion.  "That rock star?  She's gorgeous, but I don't look anything like her."  She shrugged and giggled as tiny feet scampered across her body in ticklish fashion.

"Do you ever stand still?"  She asked, not pausing to wonder why or how she was speaking to a rodent.

"Labs?"  She asked, showing more surprise as she realized this little critter must be a student.  "You're a student here?"  She asked, somewhat densely. 

Board footera