Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2018 4:31 pm  #31

Re: Mystic By That Much

"Is there any documentation or recordings of combats between mystics and wizards?  I intend to use the differences between magic and psionics as my term paper subject, and personally finding wizards to pick fights with seems inefficient."

6/17/2018 10:39 am  #32

"A few I'm aware of. I'm sure the library has more. Don't... overexpect. Remember, we're an extreme minority in the adventuring world. Unless you live on Athas, I suppose."

6/17/2018 6:12 pm  #33

"I suppose field work is inevitable.  But, mystics are rare enough that I should have plenty of possible thesis topics.  Thank you for your time."  He heads for the library.  If he was going to bring retribution on the Canniths, he needed to know as much as possible about how to fight wizards, since they had seemingly subsumed artificers, the House's original specialization.  But that girl, she had said something interesting.  Psiforged.  Warforged made through psionics rather than magic.  Perhaps that was something worth investigating as well.

6/18/2018 4:06 pm  #34

Unit arrives at the library. A couple of students sit at the information desk, more engaged with chatting between themselves than noticing anyone might need help.
In the meantime, a ponytailed blonde human in a ballcap smiles at Unit. "Hi, I'm Paige. The page. Can I page anyone for you?"

6/18/2018 7:28 pm  #35

"Yes, anyone who knows about conflicts between mystics and wizards, specifically personal combat."

6/18/2018 8:27 pm  #36

"Maybe someone from Athas? Psionics is really common there, and wizardry is corrupt and practiced mostly by ruthless dictators."

6/18/2018 10:33 pm  #37

"That would be perfect."  Maybe a trip to Athas would be in order.  Wait, wasn't Athas a desert?  Ugh.  Unit didn't like sand.  It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

6/19/2018 5:51 pm  #38

"I'll be right back," she says, and hurries away.
Shortly, she returns with a rather burly and completely hairless man who other than the lack of beard, looks like a dwarf. "Yeah, what can I do for ye?"

6/19/2018 10:29 pm  #39

"Yes, I'd like any records you have about conflicts between mystics and wizards, particularly duels."

6/20/2018 5:13 pm  #40

"Yeah, I hate them damn wizards! Want ter drag 'em into the streets of their own city-state and stomp 'em into the ground. Tell you, ain't a wizard I ever met worth givin' the time o' day ter..." He looks around at several students staring at him from various tables. "I'll talk loud inner liberry if I wanna! This feller's gotter queshun!"

Board footera