Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2018 6:28 pm  #51

Re: Into the Bookstore of the Drow

Rae takes to the air a bit. Not flying too high or too fast, but taking some pressure off her feet. Without a ship rocking beneath her, without just perching on ropes or gunwhales... walking all the time was HARD.

When they see the arena, she lets out a whistle. "SAILS HO! I see the Kaz th' Minotaur School of Seafarin'!  Aye, tis a beautiful ship and a sight I haven't seen in too long! Can't wait to start me classes."

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

2/16/2018 6:39 pm  #52

Marty was, frankly, shocked at the idea of actually respecting the rules.  Particularly a rule that didn't seem all that important.  "Well, we could ask if the portal don't take our card.  But if the card works, isn't that like permission to go ahead?  I mean, it seems like something they could turn off if they didn't want you to use it."

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

2/16/2018 6:44 pm  #53

Ravian wrote:

While they walked to the Arena, Jennifer felt she did need to speak up. "Um... are we really sure we have to break the rules? I mean, we don't want to get off on the wrong hoof before classes even start, you know? Plus there's probably really good reasons why they don't want students using the portal. And we have a really good reason to get there so maybe it would just be better to ask a faculty member? I'm just saying that if it's for a school-related reason to get it, we can probably find someone who would be willing to let us use it."

Honestly, Jennifer was quite worried about the possibility of breaking rules. Going to a Drow city was one thing, but doing so while breaking the rules, well that was getting out there. After all, rules were what kept everything in order and kept the strong in their rightful place over the weak.

"If the school didn't want us leaving campus, they wouldn't have needed textbooks on other planes, then try to say the easiest way to get there is restricted."

2/16/2018 6:46 pm  #54

All right marty after our adventure.also Jennifer if they didnt want us to get the book they woud have told rae.so rae did they say for you not to get it.

Last edited by Sarielvailo (2/16/2018 6:46 pm)

2/16/2018 6:50 pm  #55

Rae lands and tells Unit, "Blimey, I be thinkin' the same thing with all the chant about death and slavery! This be a clear case of guidlines o'er rules." she winks at Marty when she parrots her comment.

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

2/16/2018 6:58 pm  #56

"Well all right then!"  Marty skates ahead to scout the lay of the land.  Dora mentioned that the portal was between the locker rooms, and that there was a card reader.  Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Marty:  Female Human Rogue/4

2/16/2018 6:58 pm  #57

Jennifer considered this, she supposed it was true that they had limited options of getting the book, assuming the others were still dead set against selling their souls to her father. "I, I guess." It still left a bad taste in her mouth that they hadn't tried to ask someone though.
"But if we see a member of the staff or faculty on our way there I still think we should ask for permission."

2/16/2018 7:05 pm  #58

All right Jennifer if we see a staff member we,you and i will tell them of raes predicament.

2/16/2018 7:14 pm  #59

The group reaches the arena, which they find to be open, with a handy diagram showing the way to the stadium itself, offices, concessions, locker rooms, and surprisingly classrooms. As they open the door, they are nearly run down by a large contingent of burly individuals, including a human with a buzzcut, a half-orc, a dwarf, and a minotaur. All of them are making loud vocalizations of the "Woo" variety (except the dwarf) and carrying various amounts of beer (especially the dwarf). As they pass, the human in the lead spins around and points at Marty with the pointer fingers of each hand. "Delta Ampersand House, 4 Gygax Street, tonight. It's a date!" And they walk on.

2/16/2018 7:14 pm  #60

Silgon is mentally preparing himself for the worst that could happen on this little jaunt. Walking near the back of the group trying to keep an eye on everyone.

Board footera