Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2018 4:49 pm  #171

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

Marley laughs. "It's most diabolical. Farley had the larger portion of the recipe: ingredients, blending instructions, heating instructions, timing requirements. But I, hahaha! I have the critical part. A PINCH OF NUTMEG!"

3/05/2018 4:59 pm  #172

"Oh. Oh, my! That seems, uh, diabolical indeed! Your poor brother will be crushed and ruined! Now if you'll excuse use, me and my fellow health inspectors just need to converse on, er, the standards here. Yeah."
Hano motions for the party to huddle and whispers "He said the nutmag is the secret ingredient, right? So if we get out of here, we can tell that to Farley. We'll just bluff and pretend we're intimidated by him, you get?"

Last edited by Magentamist (3/05/2018 4:59 pm)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

3/05/2018 5:22 pm  #173

t'Nee nods, then turns back to the other Mr. Barley. 

"I'm afraid it looks like we're going to have to fine you 5gp per Bullywug, per day they were in your employment. Article 57 subsection 12 paragraph 3 clearly states that Bullywugs are fucking disgusting." 
((16 Persuasion))

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

3/05/2018 8:35 pm  #174

Marley blinks, then starts tallying up on his fingers. "Oh, dear. Um... well, I only have 110 gp on me. I'll have to pay the rest at the office."

3/05/2018 10:34 pm  #175

t'Nee nods curtly and holds out his tiny little frog hand expectantly. 

"Do you have a cart? We're going to need to take some of this cream soda to get it checked out back at the lab, and, as you can see, I'm not the best equipped to carry several crates myself. If you can supply us with a cart, we can waive the remainder of the fee and save you a trip to the office. "  he scrunches his nose as if in distaste.

"I think both of us would rather avoid the new Annis in charge of accounts payable. She's a real hag, if you know what I mean."

Miles, FFH

3/05/2018 10:47 pm  #176

"Yes, yes. Just take the cart behind the factory and begone! I need to get back to work destroying my brother's reputation. And writing a strongly worded letter to the Thieves' Guild about the poor quality of their bribes."

3/05/2018 10:56 pm  #177

"Good um...good luck with that?" t'Nee ribbits, pocketing the money. 

He motions for the others to gather crates of Barley Brothers' Cream Soda and carry them to the cart, and makes sure that the party has Farley's half of the recipe as well. 

When the party has a moment alone, he'll explain, "Let's take Farley back the recipe, but make a copy of it ourselves so our artificers can keep the dorm stocked once these crates run out!"

Last edited by Sol (3/05/2018 10:56 pm)

Miles, FFH

3/05/2018 11:20 pm  #178

Yep, seems like the good fortune continues to roll. Doraad stands silently trying not to let his jaw drop to the floor as further "negotiations" take place. After gathering up a couple of cases of soda and adding them to the cart he comments:

"Didn't Farley already have his copy of the recipe? And promise to keep us fully stocked in any case?"

Even so, Doraad points over to his scholar's pack.

"That said, I have a copy of the recipe right here. All I need to do it add the 'dash of nutmeg' to the list and we're good to go."

3/05/2018 11:57 pm  #179

Between the, the group manages to fill the cart with cases of soda. There is one horse, stabled in a stable with construction that looks even dodgier than the factory.

3/06/2018 12:56 am  #180

Faint feelings that weren't, or imposed knowledge of a sort, popped to the forefront of Doraad's mind. The notion that such a horse was probably just as dodgy as the building if not moreso. The rational review of this based on the cheapness of everything that had been involved only served to reinforce this. Still, beggars couldn't be choosers if they wanted to get this soda out without carrying it all the way back to Farley's and then the dorms by hand. With a plaintive gesture at the steed, Doraad asks the other students:

"Hmm, don't suppose anyone knows anything about horses?"

Board footera