Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2018 1:10 am  #181

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

Jossar wrote:

"Hmm, don't suppose anyone knows anything about horses?"

t’Nee nervously shakes his head. ”No, Grung mostly stick to proper mounts like swamp rats, giant squirrels, Tortles, and flail snails. Horses usually mean Adventurers where I’m from.” he croaks quietly, as if worried the horse might hear him.

“Even so, I’d be willing to give it a shot?”

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

3/06/2018 1:17 am  #182

"Can't help you there." Simon's equestrian experience was limited to robbing the occasional carriage and hoping the horse didn't turn on them once it was released. Besides, they had a cart and plenty of hands to move it.

3/06/2018 7:25 am  #183

"I think I can give it a try! I learned about all types of animals when I was traveling with Mister Twiblade!" Hano declares and moves slowly towards the horse, keeping up a low stream of chatter.
"Hey there horsie girl, or boy, you could be a boy, anyways we're just gonna have you pull this little cart it won't take very long and it'll help us a lot, you'll do that won't you..." While talking to the horse she attempts to lead it out of the stable and harness it to the cart.

[[13 on Animal Handling roll.]]

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

3/06/2018 10:28 am  #184

Although the beast doesn't seem terribly enthusiastic about it, Hano manages to put the horse before the cart and get things connected. It makes that flappy-lip exhale horse noise. 

3/06/2018 3:30 pm  #185

With the cart loaded and the horse successfully attached with blinders affixed, t'Nee hops onto the cart in the horses blind spot. 

"I think that went well, all things considered," he croaks, as the group begins to head back towards the Barley Brother's Brewery. "We got to kill some assholes, solved the mystery, and made it out alive and with a profit! Not bad for a day's work!" 

"Let's report to Farley, take one case to the Grocer-Dwarf, and then head back to the dorm and find the halfling?"

Miles, FFH

3/06/2018 8:27 pm  #186

"Yeah, this went pretty well!" Hano agrees as she walks along the horse, occasionally stroking its head. She stumbles as the adrenaline rush from combat wears off and she becomes aware of the blood coming from her shoulder and calf wounds. "I, uh... I may need to take a little rest when we get back... yoww..."
She retrieves from her waist pouch the two 100-gold notes Bucky paid and holds them up. "A hundred gold, divided by 5... that's twenty each. Unless we need to bribe those orcs again."

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

3/06/2018 10:20 pm  #187

The group reaches Barley's soda shop soon enough, Barley sitting at one of the outdoor tables filling out paperwork. "I just don't understand," he says to the group as they approach, "why I have to pay taxes on a failing business."

3/06/2018 10:47 pm  #188

“Well, we have good news and bad news for you then.” t’Nee begins, hopping off the wagon and landing on Mr. Barley’s picnic table.

“Which would you like first?”

Miles, FFH

3/06/2018 11:31 pm  #189

"Oh, let's have the bad news first so... wait, is your cart full of cases of Barley Brothers Cream Soda?"

3/06/2018 11:49 pm  #190

"Yeah." Simon smirked, but that quickly faded into a frown. "Your brother was trying to screw you over. Not only was Marley behind all the stolen shipments, but he faked his disappearance." Marley was lucky Simon didn't try to dunk him in a ginger ale vat. "He wanted you to close down, so he could corner the cream soda market." Simon rolled his eyes. It was like he'd never left Eberron. "Good news is, we got the rest of the recipe from him."

Board footera