Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2018 6:51 pm  #11

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

"We're already getting paid that halfling kid. Enough to cover starting gold for just about anyone." Simon looked annoyed. "I mean, come on. She runs a convenience store. How much money do you think she can spare? Look, I'll split my gold with you if the other guy doesn't cut you in."

His expression became a faint smirk as the bottles of disgusting soda gave him an idea. "I'll take a few bottles of sweat off your hands," he says to the shopkeeper. "How much?"

2/19/2018 6:54 pm  #12

"Take it," the dwarf woman says. "It's just clogging up my inventory."

2/19/2018 8:02 pm  #13

"Okay, putting payment aside." Hano gives a reassuring smile to the shopkeeper. (Well, reassuring apart from the large number of teeth the smile shows.) "You said we could find a portal in... Joe's House of Portals? Can you give an address?"

Last edited by Magentamist (2/19/2018 8:03 pm)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

2/19/2018 8:26 pm  #14

"Jov's House o' Portals," the dwarf confirms. "It's right up Gygax Street, four blocks. Creepy-lookin', seven foot tall fella. Most reliable portal dealer in town. If ya'll haven't made deals with Arcane before, don't agree to anything with open-ended terms."

2/19/2018 8:46 pm  #15

"Good enough for me. Thank you for your time."

With that, Doraad gives a very slight tip of his head to indicate thanks for the shopkeeper and heads out of the shop. This time though, he's making sure not to run ahead of the rest of the group. Probably better to face this savvy arcane with everybody's collective bargaining skills.

2/19/2018 9:04 pm  #16

Jov's House o' Portals isn't a "House" in the sense that it has walls. It's more of an extremely large pagoda tent, with a number of free standing doors scattered about. A very tall man with light blue skin awaits. Every part of him seems a bit too long, from his fingers to the shape of his head.

"Greetings, travelers," he says. "To where can I grant you passage?"

2/19/2018 9:12 pm  #17

Hano thanks the shopkeeper and follows closely along the group, but moves to the back once they reach Jov's. She doesn't have much experience with haggling, and would prefer someone else handled this. But if it seems like no one else will step up to the plate, she's ready to bargain.

2/20/2018 2:23 am  #18

When the group reaches the house of portals Doen will apparently be the first to speak, with her usual rapid fire questions and bouncing attention span "Hi Mr. Tall Blue Guy, or you Joe? Or was what it Jov? We'd like a portal to uh, where was it again? The place they brew soda? I never actually did find out what soda, but I suppose I'll find out by the end of all this anyways. It doesn't all smell as bad as that Hermit Ale does it? Oh yea, now I remember it was the Atlas Tape Mountains! I think? I do remember Keep on the Boarderlands. Was that where we were suppose to go?"

2/20/2018 7:18 am  #19

"Yeah, it was the Keep on the Borderlands in the Atlan Tepe mountains. Where we need to go." Hano confirms. Remembering the dwarven woman's words, she continues "We'd, uh... we'd like a two-way portal, please. So we can get back as well."

2/20/2018 11:08 am  #20

"Ah, yes, of course," Jov says, slowly, nodding slightly as he speaks. "The Keep on the Borderland. Very popular, very basic." He stretches a hand toward a green door. "You shall be able to reach the grounds not far at all from the Keep through this portal, for a meager sum of one gold per person, with return guaranteed. The key to the portal is the same both ways." He hasn't yet said what that key is, or handed it to you if it is, in fact, a literal key.

Board footera