Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2018 10:58 am  #31

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

After seeing Doraad step through successfully, Hano follows him through the portal. "I really, really, really want to zig-a-zig-ha!" It's only her second time going through a portal, but certainly more pleasant than the first time, with all those angry monks.
When the orcs confront them, Hano steps in front and holds her palms out in a "calm down" gesture. "Hey, um. Mr. Orc. We were just passing through! We'll be on our way." Hano hopes to get by the orcs without violence, since getting to the keep is the priority here.

Last edited by Magentamist (2/21/2018 1:27 pm)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

2/21/2018 1:07 pm  #32

We were just checking your cave for bullywugs, Mr. Orc. We have reason to believe that this whole realm has been infested by them. That's my theory, anyway. Why else would this swill taste like filthy toad-scum piss? t'Nee points to a bottle of Hermit's Choice Premium Ginger Ale

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/21/2018 1:41 pm  #33

Always an adventure. Fortunately there is a quick and obvious solution to this sort of thing.

"But we're not IN the cave. We're standing outside of it. Now if you want us to not be in the cave, then you have to let us pass, otherwise we'll have nowhere to go but inside."

2/21/2018 2:13 pm  #34

The orc leader frowns. "No such thing bullywugs. And you, put bottle back!" Regardless, Doraad's statement makes sense to the orc, and he orders his men to stand aside. "Give bottle, get out."

2/21/2018 4:04 pm  #35

t'Nee frowns at the orc leader frowning. 

"What do you mean there's no such thing as bullywugs? Wart-covered toad-men, brown skin, roughly twice my height? Do you...not have those here? That would be..." he gulps, "very fortuitous."

He hands over his bottle of Hermit's Choice Premium Ginger Ale, despite having brought it with them, and moves to leave the cave entrance. He does note, however, that the orc ordered that he give it back, which means that these orcs may be responsible.

"Could you by chance point us in the direction of the Barley Brothers' Soda Shop? We hear it's near the keep."

Last edited by Sol (2/21/2018 4:05 pm)

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/21/2018 4:55 pm  #36

The orc leader nods. "Yes. In front of keep. Can't miss. But not open. Business in the shitter."

2/21/2018 6:15 pm  #37

"Guess we're going to have to break in." Simon had just left the cave when he remembered their way home was inside it. He tells the others under his breath, "The portal back to school is inside that cave. Let me try asking those guys for permission to make a second visit."

He turns to the leader of the group, switching to Orcish. "We got here through a portal inside your cave. We need it to get home. If you need us to pay a toll, I'll handle it." He still had his starting gold, plus some from his background.

2/21/2018 7:14 pm  #38

The orc spies the gold. "Portal? You stay out of cave. Hermit pays us guard cave." He looks at the gold again. "Maybe you go in, but not disturb bottles." He snaps at t'Nee. "And not take bottles!"

2/21/2018 8:44 pm  #39

"Thanks. We won't touch anything. After we get back from the shop, we'll open our portal-" He shakes his head. "I mean, magic door, and be out of your way." Was the orc expecting him to haggle? "How much does the hermit pay you? We'll give you the same amount."

2/21/2018 9:15 pm  #40

"10 gold a day," the orc says, although he doesn't specify if that's each, or between them.

Board footera