Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2018 8:25 pm  #31

Re: Adventure 1: The Tournament of Torpala

John smiles warmly at Kirnan. "I'll fight as strongly as you do. And I don't think either of us wants to see those prizes going in someone else's hands, so I trust we'll both fare quite well. That said, perhaps we should head over to the amphitheater to get prepped? I could use a bit of a warm up with my crossbow -- last thing I shot with it was an Undertow octopus, and that was a couple weeks ago."
John extends his hand. "I'm John, by the way. John Silver."

4/23/2018 1:04 pm  #32

Most of the other sellswords that Bekkah could see also appeared to have been more informed of the competition, or at the very least came with companions already present. What remained appeared to be a few individuals loitering about the end of the line. The first was a man with what appeared to be the most ostentatious hats she had ever seen, wide-brimmed with several feathers of different colors stuck into it, this along with the white powder upon his face would easily mark him as a dandy, but the rapier bladework he was utilizing against a barrel in the field wasn't half bad. The second was a grizzled man in a cloak of raven feathers testing the sharpness of several daggers as he tossed them idly. The third was a dwarf woman, a rarity in these lands but Bekkah had seen enough of their traders back in Malakim lands to be familiar. She was testing the strength of the chain of a large flail. Despite the clear requirement of a partnership, none of them appeared to be interested in the other two.

___

Rossier sighed, "I'll leave you two to it then." and left the infirmary. Meanwhile Markov gave a shrug as he washed his hands in a nearby basin. "Soldiers seem to be destined to make our work difficult." he set to work in silence for a while but eventually his curiosity got the better of him. "You're sure the sister won't be joining us? She had a whole cart full of reagents with her, I'm honestly surprised she hasn't arrived yet already. Not every day you see two Elohim on the same day unless they're together."

__

Korinna's voice seemed to drift off mumbling as she rubbed the back of her neck and thought over Syndari's request. "Well, uh, there's not much to say about me. I've been with the Bannor as long as I can remember. They said I just started following them after they killed all the orcs that were raiding my village and started training me afterwards. And the camp itself is mostly just barracks and such, so I don't know if there's much to show there. We could see the Kin leaders though. The Duke Ceremus and the High Chieftain Aelle should have their pavilions set up near the officer's quarters."

4/23/2018 4:20 pm  #33

Miles looks up, eyes at once curious and distant. 

When he speaks, he does so carefully, but forcefully. "It's a rare occurrence for us as well. Tell me more of this Sister you speak of." It is not a question. 

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

4/23/2018 5:56 pm  #34

Bekkah considered her options. The dandy was likely to jump at the chance to pair with a pretty girl - his kind always would. The man with the raven feather cloak looked like he could handle himself. But the dwarf... there was something about her. And so it was she Bekkah approached.

"Good day for a tournament, eh? You looking for a partner?"

4/23/2018 8:17 pm  #35

"If there is one thing that I have learned over the years and journeys, Korinna, it is that there's always more to things than the surface.  It wouldn't surprise me if Revius saw greater potential in you than you realize you have, just waiting to be drawn out.  Perhaps you could give me a spar later if you wished.  But it would be nice to see Ceremus again now that he has succeeded his father, and what kind of person little Aelle grew into after all this time."
She gives her tail a coil, looking at the end almost wistfully as she gives a sigh.
"It seems like almost yesterday Aelle would have been a babe in his mother's arms as I met with Chief Octa, swiping at my tail like his father had ages before."

4/25/2018 10:04 pm  #36

weseldar1 wrote:

John smiles warmly at Kirnan. "I'll fight as strongly as you do. And I don't think either of us wants to see those prizes going in someone else's hands, so I trust we'll both fare quite well. That said, perhaps we should head over to the amphitheater to get prepped? I could use a bit of a warm up with my crossbow -- last thing I shot with it was an Undertow octopus, and that was a couple weeks ago."
John extends his hand. "I'm John, by the way. John Silver."

The paladin takes his hand.  "Kirnan.  Yeah, maybe that would be a good idea, get a feel for each other before the big event."

4/26/2018 8:45 pm  #37

Markov looked up, slightly surprised at Miles' interest, but shrugged. "I can't say I got a good look, woman in Elohim robes, wearing the symbol of Sirona, she was wheeling a cart full of herbs and regents into camp but I didn't see her afterwards. My apologies, I only noticed her at all because she came in after me."

__

The Dwarf barely looked up at Bekkah before speaking "15 gold up front for my services, nomad. In the unlikely event we win, you can deduct it from my final cut, but I don't fight for dreams and promises."

__

Korinna seemed a little confused by Syndari's declarations about her, but she saluted. "If that's what you wish, I can probably oblige. The Duke and Chieftain should be at the Officers' Barracks before the tournament starts."

4/26/2018 9:14 pm  #38

"Not sure I want a partner who thinks it's unlikely we'll win. Confidence is half the game, sister."

4/26/2018 11:02 pm  #39

The Dwarf woman appeared annoyed enough to set down her flail for a moment. She looked around the training grounds and noticed a few dogs stalking about the place looking for scraps. Reaching into her pack, she took out a strip of jerky rations, tore off an even smaller bit, and tossed it towards a cluster of the dogs while giving out a shrill whistle. Almost instantly the dogs bolted towards the scrap and began to fight over it. The dwarf watched silently as they fought before one of the now battered dogs emerged victorious with the scrap while the others left to find better pickings elsewhere.

"All those dogs wanted that meat just as much as I and everyone else here want that prize, I could live off that kind of money for a year. Doesn't change the fact that only one of these teams is getting it, just like only one dog got that scrap. But here's the difference, the other unlucky mutts may be content to risk life and limb and not get a penny for their troubles, but I ain't. You want me in that arena with you I damn well better know I'm getting something out of it no matter what."

4/26/2018 11:04 pm  #40

Markov wrote:

"I can't say I got a good look, woman in Elohim robes, wearing the symbol of Sirona, she was wheeling a cart full of herbs and regents into camp but I didn't see her afterwards. My apologies, I only noticed her at all because she came in after me."

Miles thinks to himself. By that description, Markov could have seen Brada, but he could also have seen, well, almost any other sister of Sirona. Except for Lucerne, who's allergic to nearly all plants. Or Bethany and Yolinda, neither of whom have ever wheeled a cart in their lives.  Nor Sisters Mylla, Violet, Kess, and Foia, who, for various reasons are no longer permitted by the Order to visit Bannorlands.  Nor any of the elders too stubborn or infirm to wheel a cart or travel. 

Still, Miles counts off some math on his fingers, that leaves somewhere around a thousand Sisters of Sirona that Markov could have seen. 

Still...

"I may as well go looking for this sister of yours. Today may be our lucky day," he tells the Medicus. "Do what you can here while I am gone. I will be back within the hour, sister or no."

He tells the bannor nurses to follow Markov's advice as if he were an Elohim, washes his hands in the basin, and walks outside to search for his Sister.

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

Board footera