Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2018 6:16 pm  #101

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

Hano proves to be much better at active dodging than running defense, and the next volley of spears all miss her neatly. She's slightly surprised as three of the four approaching frog folk curve wide and go around her, while the fourth bounces up, pointing at the spear in her back. "Can I... I kind of need that..."

Inside, the soda crashes to the ground far from where Doraad intended. (And the dice that were rolling high last round are suddenly rolling horribly this round) "Hey! Why'd you throw that?"
"I didn't throw it, you morons!"
"Well, somebody throwed it!"
The boss orc smashes a bottle and gets in the accusing orc's face. "And what if I did!?"

Meanwhile, two bullywugs are coming in the door after the group.

2/25/2018 7:16 pm  #102

((do we need to roll initiative? I did, just in case, and got a 13))

t'Nee's bullywug sense tingles as soon as Simon walks into the room decidedly un-stealthily. He licks the end of his spear and jabs it at one of the incoming assholes*, but misses widely. ((rolled a 1))

Thankfully, he is able to capitalize on the momentum a bit, and he vaults off of the ground with his spear, kicking the asshole* in the face. ((martial arts follow up unarmed attack roll was a 20, which I assume hits. 6 damage and the bullywug must make a DC12 Con save or be Poisoned for 1 minute))

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ASSHOLES DOING INSIDE?" t'Nee shouts at them authoritatively. "YOU WERE HIRED TO GUARD THE OUTSIDE! WE HAVE THIS COVERED IN HERE. GET BACK OUT THERE OR I'LL KEEP KICKING YOU IN THE FACE UNTIL YOU DO." 

((persuasion roll of 3))

*the rest of the party learns that the Grung word for "Bullywug" is the same as the common word for "asshole."

Last edited by Sol (2/25/2018 8:09 pm)

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/25/2018 8:28 pm  #103

The bullywug who takes a face-full of Grung-foot staggers back. The other narrows its amphibian eyes at t'Nee's rant. "You not boss of us. Boss of us have jacket." He pulls on the lapels of his "Hermit's Pride Security" jacket.

Meanwhile, the commotion has drawn the attention of the orcs inside.
"What's goin' on out there?"

2/25/2018 8:40 pm  #104

[[Initiative roll: 12]]
Hano pulls the spear out of her back, wincing, and drops it to the ground. She then speeds away, trying to outmaneuver the bullywugs and make it to the entrance of the soda factory.
"Hey, thanks... uh... T'nee, right? These guys are aggressive!"

[[Disengage action, Hano's movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks for the rest of the turn. Feline Agility again to move 60 feet.]]

Last edited by Magentamist (2/25/2018 8:41 pm)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1495465
Hano-Tsah, tabaxi level 4 revised ranger (Horizon Walker)

2/25/2018 8:53 pm  #105

Just a little more time and that might have worked. Maybe there was still something that could be salvaged, at least long enough to distract the orcs in the room next door. Doraad reaches down with both hands, palms facing upward before lifting up his arms. A cloud of fog appears, emanating from the spilled crate of soda, reaching out to cover the orc guards. The hobgoblin then shouted above and beyond the fray towards the back room:

"We're doomed! The damned soda is cursed and now the whole place is falling apart!"

2/25/2018 8:58 pm  #106

"Nooo!!! Not soda curse!!!" 
Hano is nearly barreled over by bullywugs hopping out of the building in panic.
"Shaman warned us this might happen!"

"Ugh," the orc foreman says. "Adventurers. I told 'im we shouldn't build near the Caves."

2/25/2018 11:07 pm  #107

Doen is well, she's really not sure what Doraad is doing but she guesses he has some kind of plan, one she can't really see any way of helping with. It seemed to get the frog things that aren't T'Nee to run, but the orcs are staying put. She turns to Doraad looking for direction into what part she is suppose to play here. 

"Um what should I do? It looks like you are doing some kind of tricky prank thing and I'm not very good at those. Which is embarrassing since Ratatoskr is a trickster god, but maybe that's why I was never asked to be a clerics. I wouldn't have anyways since clerics can't summon squirrels, though I haven't learned how to do that just yet either. What was I going to say? Oh yea, the Pollywigs are running scared because of that soda curse you found out about, but the orcs are staying. Is it fighting time or should we leave before  the soda curses us?"
Initiative: 1d20+2 3

Last edited by Lizard Lord (2/25/2018 11:08 pm)

2/25/2018 11:11 pm  #108

t'Nee seems satisfied at the bullywugs leaving, and turns his attention to the orcs.

"Where'd the orcs go?" he asks Doraad.  

Licking his spearhead again, he readies himself to strike should one of them emerge from the fog. 

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/25/2018 11:27 pm  #109

(Initiative - 11)

Huh, that actually worked. Doraad stood there flabbergasted as the bullywugs bailed from the building as a result of the soda fog. The orcs remained though, and were likely to be a bigger threat.

But everybody else was asking questions. So probably better to address those first:

"The soda's... on our side, and the orcs are sitting in it. I can keep this up for a while if I sit and concentrate, but that's only really useful if somebody can go through or under the cloud. Doen, don't suppose there's any animals nearby you convince to scout out the place? Otherwise probably going to have to let the fog drop and have the orcs come to us."

2/25/2018 11:33 pm  #110

(Initiative:
18- orcs, orc foreman
13- t'Nee
12- Hano
11- Doraad
6- Simon
3- Doen)

"Right," the boss orc says. "How long you two got on break?"
"'Nother combat round."
"Ahright, but you better clock in right on time."

The boss orc does something. It's hard to tell because he's in a fog cloud, but there's a large heavy "swish" of a large something being swung.

(pretty much all you guys' turn)

Board footera