Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2018 8:36 pm  #121

Re: Soda Shop on the Borderlands

"We don't have to, but we came this far so we might as well try to get everybody what they want."

Noting the soda supplies for later pickup, Doraad heads over to the office door and attempts to open it. 

Last edited by Jossar (2/26/2018 8:39 pm)

2/26/2018 8:49 pm  #122

The door opens to a fairly standard office. Desk, chair, filing cabinet. A coffee mug and a coffee pot. There are a few papers on the desk, on top of which is a manila envelope.
On the south wall, there is another door.

2/26/2018 8:51 pm  #123

((what does the cream soda taste like? was there anything of interest on the foreman's clipboard?))

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

2/26/2018 9:04 pm  #124

Doraad proceeds to search the desk and cabinet for anything interesting, before opening up the manila envelope and examining its contents.

(Perception roll of 16.)

2/26/2018 9:11 pm  #125

The cream soda is pretty delicious (or would be to a human/elf/halfling tongue, your amphibian mileage may vary). The foreman's clipboard has a schedule of delivery times, most of them crossed out, along with a list of locations. It's pretty clear that they're intercepting the Barley Bros. deliveries, or were until Farley Barley closed the shop.

Doraad finds a selection of office supplies, 7 gold pieces, and a letter opener sturdy enough to be used as a dagger. In the envelope is a paper with the heading "Barley Brothers recipe, Farley's portion", which contains a list of ingredients and mixing instructions, concluding with "combine with Marley's portion during heating." An Intelligence check (which I took the liberty of rolling) suggests this seems to be a decent recipe even without whatever's missing.

2/26/2018 9:25 pm  #126

Wait, how do you split 7 gold, five-ways if nobody's got silver on them? Meh not worth it, probably more efficient to just reimburse the appropriate parties for the portal costs and keep the last 2 as a finder's fee. Or everybody gets a gold except Hano who gets the dagger and... no wait, start over. You know what, problem for later on. Doraad pockets the gold and the dagger, and shoves the paper and envelope into his scholar's pack. He then proceeds to try and open the southern door.

2/26/2018 9:53 pm  #127

t'Nee hops into the office and also takes a look around, not that he suspects Doraad missed anything, but the fact that the envelope contained Farley Barley's recipe instead of Marley Barley's recipe sets off some red flags. 

((11, meh))

Miles, FFH

2/26/2018 9:58 pm  #128

Through the other door is a large room containing two large vats. There are two bullywugs at each vat, mostly stirring, although one of them is relieving himself into the liquid. There are several boxes gathered around containing ingredients such as ginger and whatever else is in ginger ale.

2/27/2018 12:14 am  #129

It is at this point that Doen makes it back seeing that they could apparently tell that she wasn't finding any squirrels. She sees the one dead orc and winds up finding the party and seeing the same thing as the rest of them. "Are they? Aw nuts that's just gross. You're right about this billymogs....I'm sorry mr. frog, but I still don't think I ever got your name. I'm Doen."

2/27/2018 1:36 am  #130

"t'Nee" croaks t'Nee. It's entirely unclear to Doen if that's his name or just a kind of squeaky croaking noise. 

"Like I've been saying all along, Bullywugs are the worst. What do you think, should we drown them in their own piss-soda-vats?" 

Miles, FFH

Board footera