Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/14/2018 4:47 pm  #11

Re: Honey, I Shrunk the Swamp

"It's pretty great! Lots of gnarled trees, fetid bogs, a few hags, tons of lizardfolk, though they're way smaller than Lorenzo. Several varieties of either psychedelic or sentient mushrooms -- two of which overlap, but they don't like telling people that. 

We keep our corner of it pretty organized. The Greens do the hunting and construction, the blues keep everything clean and design new settlements. The purples serve as overseers for the blues and greens and communicate upwards. The reds are all casters, the oranges elite warriors, and the Gold like my mom are the ruling caste.

It was pretty weird at first to be allowed to talk to everyone in Sigil and have everyone talking to me, but it's been pretty helpful in making friends.

What's your home like?"

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

5/14/2018 8:05 pm  #12

"Eh," Burvik says, "with my tribe, it's always, raid, murder pillage, raid, murder, pillage. It's exhausting is what it is. I try to explain 'Chaotic Evil' is a guideline, we don't have to do this, but it's like everyone's just stuck in this 1st ed mindset."

5/15/2018 12:54 pm  #13

"Yeah I hear you on that. Lawful Evil is even more rigid on what we have to do, but there's never been enough of a non-amphibian presence around the swamp to bother with pillaging or raiding, so we mostly only murder travelers and adventurers who are foolish enough to pass through, and otherwise just stick to scavenging and hunting."

he looks down at his left wrist. 

"I wonder what's taking Professor Robyn so long. If she takes too much longer we're going to end up dancing on our own."

Miles, FFH

5/15/2018 4:20 pm  #14

Robyn returns shortly, and apologizes. "I've been around Faerun for a very long time, and this shrinking swamp event isn't something I've encountered before. I have some friends looking into it, but I still think I should witness it first hand. Is everyone ready?"

5/15/2018 10:39 pm  #15

"Sure am! Hey Jov, 4 for Suzail please!"

Miles, FFH

5/16/2018 4:31 pm  #16

"Your wish is my most humble command," Jov bows and gestures toward a green door, which swings open as they approach.

5/16/2018 10:04 pm  #17

the group passes through the door, which leaves them on the outskirts of Suzail. 

t'Nee guides the party from here towards his swamp, hopping increasingly excitedly as they get closer.

Miles, FFH

5/17/2018 3:59 pm  #18

t'Nee finds it a bit strange that it takes just a bit longer to reach the swamp than it has in the past, as if its borders were about a quarter mile further from Suzail than they should be. 
"I forgot that walking required so much walking," Burvik mutters.

5/17/2018 11:06 pm  #19

”Not if you hop!” t’Nee cheerfully croaks at Burvik, while hopping clear over his head.

He keeps the strange feeling about the distance to the swamp to himself for now, if only because he’s not great at judging distances since he shrank 6” just the other day, and had only made the trip out of the swamp on a few occasions before.

Miles, FFH

5/18/2018 3:57 pm  #20

When they finally reach the swamp, the evidence of t'Nee's suggestion is fairly clear. While some of the native fauna is not noticeably smaller than it should be, there are a few obvious examples. A seemingly adult crocodile small enough for a crane to swoop down and snatch it up. Another crane about half the size of the first. A tiny possum that plummets out of a tree because its tail isn't long enough to wrap around the branch.
Burvik scratches his head. "Weird. Let's ask that halfling hermit over there if he knows what's up."
"I'm not a halfling, dammit!" an old, bearded halfling shouts, shaking a walking stick scaled for a much taller man.

Board footera