Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2018 7:04 pm  #41

Re: Honey, I Shrunk the Swamp

The bullywug stares at t'Nee for a couple of seconds, then nods. "Yes. Yes, of course, take you to Marleybarley. He be glad to see... loyal bullywug. Follow." He hops into the bog.

5/26/2018 8:56 pm  #42

t’Nee motions for the rest of the group to follow, and follows.

t'Nee, lvl 3 Grung Monk, Way of the Tiny Dancer, SP
Miles, FFH
Seabeard, lvl 2 Dwarf Barbarian, Pirates

5/27/2018 3:59 am  #43

Shiori follows! Thoroughly confused, but prepared to pretend to be a hired ninja minion if anyone asks. Hired ninja minions are always plausible. 

5/27/2018 12:48 pm  #44

Robyn seems dubious, but she allows t'Nee to take the lead. The bullywug leads them through deep, unpleasant swamp that even t'Nee is starting to find unpleasant, and finally, to a large clearing where a large machine rests. Bullywugs patrol the area, and two massive ogres guard the machine.
The bullywug hops toward the edifice, where Marley Barley is dropping tubes extending from the machine into the swamp water.
"Marleybarley," the bullywug says, then points dramatically to t'Nee, "JACKETS CAN BE STOLED!!!"

5/28/2018 1:11 pm  #45

t’Nee pulls out his Barley Brother’s Cream Soda employee badge.

”Hey again Marley. Would you mind monologuing about your diabolical plan here for a bit? I’m very confused and have no plan of my own for dealing with you, so am hoping you slip up and offer something useful,” he croaks.

”As opposed to bullywugs, who are never useful.”

Miles, FFH

5/28/2018 1:43 pm  #46

"Stolen," Shiori offers to the bullywug in an aside. "It's okay, I used to have trouble with Common too. It has a lot of irregular verbs."

5/28/2018 4:07 pm  #47

"Monologuing? Hmm." Marley considers. "Yes, of course. You see, with the recent failure in stealing Barley Brothers Cream Soda from my brother, I've been trying to make Hermit's Pride ginger ale a serviceable commodity. However, it has a certain marketing hiccup, in that, while people like the swampy revoltingness of it, not even bullywugs want to drink bullywug piss. However, my last batch, using unfiltered swamp water, did quite well with a test market of chameleon men and griplis, I've acquired a plot device that allows me to not just drain the swamp's water, but it's very swampy essence."

The bullywug looks at Shiori admiringly. "You... you teach me speak Common?" A tear wells in is eye.

Last edited by DM Swift (5/28/2018 4:08 pm)

5/29/2018 8:05 am  #48

"Teach you? I don't really... I mean, I've got a pretty full class schedule, so I don't know if... although tutoring does look really good on a resume... Yeah, OK." Shiori nods. "Assuming you live through this encounter, anyway. I'm guessing your boss didn't offer a health plan with resurrections?"

Last edited by Snark (5/29/2018 8:06 am)

5/29/2018 4:50 pm  #49

"No," the bullywug says, bulging one eye out toward Marley. "Not resurrection plan. Only offer full dental, but bullywug have no teeth."
"In my defense, I offer orcs the same plan, and they have copious teeth, so it balances out."

5/29/2018 11:53 pm  #50

t’Nee nods along with Marley’s monoglogueing.

”I see. Were you aware your plot device is causing all of the swamp creatures to shrink? Except for the bullywugs. Assholes can’t even shrink right.”

“Can we maybe find you a nice uninhabited swamp on a demiplane that you can drain without harming anyone?”
he asks naively.

Miles, FFH

Board footera