Sigil Prep class of 5e

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2019 7:18 am  #11

Re: Flasque of the Red Death

Lorenzo gives a chuff as the crowd runs, frowning that they apparently hadn't.  Though that makes the thin man suspicious in his right.  He shuffles over to sit with Rae, grabbing a small bar stool to not have to account for the tail otherwise.
"Eh, I'm just going to assume Kel and Creig did something until proven wrong, so no worries Rae."

4/16/2019 11:56 am  #12

Rae shrugged.  "I don't know.  But I be guessin' the humans round here never be seein' a gatorman before.  Too bad the band left, I be enjoyin' the music."

Rae Quetzali 3rd Level Rogue/ 1st Level Bard. Still a Parrot Pirate

4/16/2019 2:32 pm  #13

Glancing back, he nods as he sees the empty stage and some of the art on display, though he focuses on a couple pieces a bit longer.
"The bit I caught did sound catchy, so sorry I spooked them.  Think people who know of loa would be more receptive of a bit of strange, no?"
He idly opens the menu, looking through.
"Swear to the Devourer's Teeth though, if they legged it because of issues with crocodile men, I am gonna be pissed."

Last edited by Eshkigal (4/16/2019 2:33 pm)

4/16/2019 3:04 pm  #14

"I've only seen humans so far," Rae muses. "D'ye think they never be seein' a gatorman before? Or be it simply because ye be poppin' up outta nowhere what spooked 'em? I mean, I be havin' feathers all over me, but I be usin' th' front door ..."

4/16/2019 3:14 pm  #15

"I mean, it's possible.  Maybe you look human enough that they didn't realize you aren't one if they didn't pay attention?  Doesn't explain your waiter though.  He say anything odd?"

4/16/2019 3:45 pm  #16

"he seemed t'be knowin' I be tryin' t'get t' Hell," Rae says.

4/16/2019 3:56 pm  #17

The man returns with bowls of jambalaya and grins. Grinning seems to be a hobby of his. "You'll forgive my fellow Nawrlinites. Most 'gators tend to stay on four legs, and most terrors that appear out of nowheres are brought by the mists. An' the mists have been especially thick since that riverboat been haunting the bay. Sails right out of the mists and seems to vanish just as it gets to port, but every time it's spotted, somethin' else terrible happens. Even them four kids an' their dog who went out lookin' for clues never came back."

4/16/2019 4:43 pm  #18

"Right then, think this is one of those instances where they know how but will only send you on your way after you do something."
As the thin man comes back, Lorenzo leans on the table, grinning right back.
"Really now?  Do tell, friend.  What sorts of strange things happen?"

4/16/2019 4:45 pm  #19

Rae takes a bite of the jambalaya.  "Mmmm. This be delicious.  Very spicy," she takes a drink of sweet tea.  She looks at it as she sets it down.  "Be this syrup?*"

She perks up when the strange man mentions the mists and the riverboat.  "Oi? Be there a mystery on one o' those boats I be seein' on the river?  I be thinking I wanted to explore one, that be the one t"'explore then, I be thinkin'."

*A northerner's commentary on southern sweet tea :-)

4/20/2019 12:42 am  #20

The man answers Lorenzo. "People disappear. Dogs and cats on the pier, they howl and hiss at the mists, then run in fear minutes before anyone sees the boat. Horses are found miles from their stables, dissected and... emptied. Oh, and the vampire."

Board footera